Jackson & Teahen to TOR for Frasor & Stewart (RHP)

macsandz

Steve,

There were some rumors yesterday that Lilli was hurt in batting practice, which would make a lot more sense for De Aza to be replacing. I understand Teahen played RF some times, but the Sox would still have 4 of's (if you include Lilli unless hes hurt).

The pen has been pretty used up, youd think if an arm was being dealt for sure, the first order of business would be to recall a guy like Santiago (just in case) and then after the trade is finalized send him down and call uo De Aza.

No rush to call up De Aza.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 10:26 AM)
The Sox are idiots if they are not thinking about trading Danks. Blow it all the way up if you must. Time to get some good prospects. Kyle Drabek better be coming through that door with Jason Frasor.

Seriously?

jonmorosi Jon Morosi

#BlueJays have interest in Rasmus, source says. Gose isn't ready, so they need CF. Could become 3-team deal. #STLCards

SI_JonHeyman Jon Heyman

Word is, #bluejays may spin e-jax to #stlcards if get him from #chisox

Edwin jackson would help #cardinals. 3-team trades are tough. If jays gm alex can pull one off, hats off to him.

QUOTE (southside hitman @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 10:25 AM)
SI_JonHeyman Jon Heyman

#stlcasrds targeting e-jax (plus others) for rasmus. So they want him. Deal could happen w/i day. Big powwows now. #tradedeadline

Why couldn't we get this done? Instead we choose a 33 year old reliever??

We dont have the prospect to toss in. YOu can be Tor would be throwing in someone serious.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 03:25 PM)
Are people really freaking out that the Jays will flip Jackson + Teahen for Rasmus? ...if they flip them for Rasmus I'd put it at about 1000% that they also include one of their top prospects which the Sox don't have any of.

People are mad because KW traded away a very good young pitcher for an okay older pitcher, which is now being turned into a relief pitcher, while another team uses Jackson as the centerpiece to acquire a very good young outfielder.

In other words, KW is mismanaging his resources and other GMs are taking advantage.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 10:25 AM)
Are people really freaking out that the Jays will flip Jackson + Teahen for Rasmus? ...if they flip them for Rasmus I'd put it at about 1000% that they also include one of their top prospects which the Sox don't have any of.

Not flipping out. But the lack of a competent minor league system is about to sodomize this organization once again.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (chunk23 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 11:28 AM)
People are mad because KW traded away a very good young pitcher for an okay older pitcher, which is now being turned into a relief pitcher, while another team uses Jackson as the centerpiece to acquire a very good young outfielder.

In other words, KW is mismanaging his resources and other GMs are taking advantage.

Jackson will not be the "Centerpiece" if the Jays get Rasmus. He'll be a complimentary piece at best. Maybe a throwin.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 10:27 AM)
Would y'all have done Jackson + Viciedo + Reed for Rasmus?

Absolutely not. He is "widely available" and I doubt the Jays pay that much in prospects for him.

QUOTE (chunk23 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 10:28 AM)

This X1000

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 10:27 AM)
Why couldn't Jerry fire Kenny and Ozzie before deciding to sell off our team? I don't trust Kenny in making deals anymore.

Nor do I. Can't wait to meet the 2011 equivalents of Barcelo, Caruso and Vining.

FWIW, I'm ok with this deal. I'll go bats*** crazy over White Flag II (which this is not).

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 10:28 AM)
We dont have the prospect to toss in. YOu can be Tor would be throwing in someone serious.

It's been confirmed by multiple outlets that the Cardinals offered Rasmus to the Sox for Jackson, Thornton, and a spect. Now things have changed and Kenny's being forced to find a way to include Teabag, which is going to cost us Rasmus and anything legit in this deal.