Jackson & Teahen to TOR for Frasor & Stewart (RHP)

macsandz

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 10:48 AM)
My 10:43AM prediction was pretty damn good

Haha, yeah. That was amazing.

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 10:50 AM)
KW interview will happen in 10 mins to explain deal.

Wonder what kind of fluff he will spew out how this deal makes the Sox just as competitive in 2011, but even better in 2012.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 10:51 AM)
Toronto is getting a could-be elite young outfielder for our f***ing property. I imagine a future built around Rasmus, Beckham, and Viciedo, and yeah, I'm f***ing angry.

I'm guessing Stl stood strong on needing Viciedo to be the prospect. If it was Reed my guess is that deal (Ejax, Thor, Reed) wouldve been done a few days ago.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 10:50 AM)
This isn't really players being held "acceptable" as much as it's salary dumping because the team hasn't played well enough to draw the fans needed to cover the heavy payroll load. The players that should be held accountable (Rios, Dunn, Beckham, Pierre) won't be.

Eh autocorrect should be accoutable.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 10:51 AM)
Toronto is getting a could-be elite young outfielder for our f***ing property. I imagine a future built around Rasmus, Beckham, and Viciedo, and yeah, I'm f***ing angry.

Your source please?

If you honestly believe they're getting Rasmus for Jackson... WHY THE f*** would KW not just do that? You can play the hindsight game and forget all his awesome moves, fine. But thinking Toronto's not throwing in a top prospect (which we don't have other than Dayan) is stupid.

I've been a lot more upset than I am because the Blue Jays likely got Rasmus (who is a GREAT talent, but is a bit hot and cold with his peformance and doesn't seem great in the clubhouse) instead of us due to having better prospects. However, the fact that they did just shows yet again that our inability to have a good minor league system really, really hurts us.

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 10:52 AM)
So from the USA today story, we are not getting a prospect from TOR, StL is, we get Frasor and $10MM in salary relief. Sox must be getting all of Frasor paid for.

Ugh, this All-In crap is going to set us back if thats true. I can't believe this part. We need young talent, instead we're just shedding payroll, only to have to spend again to put out a decent team.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 10:42 AM)
Posters need to listen to you and DocSox more.

It actually makes a lot of sense, replace Thornton next year with Frasor as 7/8th inning guy or trade both (as they will both be in high demand for teams competing now).

I see plenty of moves following this one.

My problem is just the timing of the deal.

I refuse to believe that the Red Sox or Yankees wouldn't have been willing to eat Teahen's contract and actually give you back something that could be used for our future.

I don't get why we need to do this deal on Wednesday morning.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 10:54 AM)
I've been a lot more upset than I am because the Blue Jays likely got Rasmus (who is a GREAT talent, but is a bit hot and cold with his peformance and doesn't seem great in the clubhouse) instead of us due to having better prospects. However, the fact that they did just shows yet again that our inability to have a good minor league system really, really hurts us.

There's a reason I b**** about that like I do. And there's a reason I overrate prospects to a degree. It's THIS time of year where your scouting and player development gets a chance to shine. We won't spend. We take football players that can't play baseball. Latin America? Who needs it. Go trade for JP and Mark Teahen.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 10:57 AM)
Deal done w e-jax to jays 2 minutes ago via Mobile Web

#chisox deal w/ tor is 2_team deal. E-jax to to, believe frasor and prospect to #chisox. Very likely. #tradedeadline

Both courtesy of Jon Heyman.

So is heyman running late?