Jackson & Teahen to TOR for Frasor & Stewart (RHP)

macsandz

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Add me to the list that this isn't bad. Frasor solidifies the sox pen for 2011 and next year. Stewart provides SP depth that replaces Jackson for 2012 [not that Stewart will be pitching but give the sox another option]. Teahen's gone. And more moves can still be made.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 11:14 AM)
I think he's an ok prospect, but being our #1 prospect doesn't exactly mean much.

you could probably put joe borchard back in charlotte and he would be our top prospect again. our farm is a bunch of crap.

QUOTE (dmbjeff @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 05:15 PM)
you could probably put joe borchard back in charlotte and he would be our top prospect again. our farm is a bunch of crap.

okay, we get it, but a top 50 prospect would be top 5 on a lot of teams.

QUOTE (chunk23 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 12:12 PM)
Stewart is not the prospect he once was. Old for AA with a bad WHIP and is at best a back of the rotation guy.

He was their #5 prospect coming into the season. He still projects as a #3-4 starter. Salary relief, a solid 7th inning guy and someone who immediately enters our top 3 prospects for Edwin Jackson, who was going to walk anyways? We actually did not do too badly here.

And as an added bonus, the loss of Teahen's roster spot has allowed us to call up and now start De Aza.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 10:10 AM)
According to Keith Law, Stewart is immediately our #1 prospect.

Well, if this is true, and I don't know s*** about prospects, then I am happy with this.

Getting good prospects is what I advocated rather than trading him for and Thornton for Rasmus.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 11:14 AM)
I understand there's still a ton of bad feelings about the Hudson/Jackson deal, but this deal has nothing to do with Hudson. Jackson and Teahen were traded for Frasor, Stewart, and cash. It was not Hudson for Frasor.

Or that we lost out on Colby Rasmus due to lack of a farm system. I think that's where the main frustration comes from. And lol@it being even insinuated that Jackson/Thornton would be enough. Rasmus' potential is unlimited. They weren't going to give him away.

QUOTE (beck72 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 11:15 AM)
Add me to the list that this isn't bad. Frasor solidifies the sox pen for 2011 and next year. Stewart provides SP depth that replaces Jackson for 2012 [not that Stewart will be pitching but give the sox another option]. Teahen's gone. And more moves can still be made.

Its really not that bad of a deal if you just take into account this deal itself. Teahen was a top 3 enemy on this site for good reasons. Jackson was walking. We got 10 million, a cheap effective reliever and a top 50 prospect.

Frasor has nice #'s. His strike out #s are up there as well. This dude seems pretty darn effective. And Rios is benched. Hmmmm maybe this is a good deal for uS! Lets just hope Humber can continue to pick up where he left off in the first half. I'm suprisingly more optimistic than i thought i'd be.

**KW Tape will be played on the SCORE in 2 mins.**

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 11:13 AM)
Can I ask you how you came to your conclusion that he is a nothing? Law had him ranked higher than Chris Sale coming into this season on his top 100. Obviously there are scouts out there who project him to be quite something.

I came to my conclusion based on him having a very mediocre year in AA (4.20 ERA/1.41 WHIP/10.1 H per 9 inn) for a guy who will be 25 in two months. If he were so good as a prospect, why are 21-year-old prospects hitting him so damn hard? I know I am not a scout and can't see his stuff, but his lack of success this year is quite worrisome.

Edited by maggsmaggs

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 11:17 AM)
Or that we lost out on Colby Rasmus due to lack of a farm system. I think that's where the main frustration comes from. And lol@it being even insinuated that Jackson/Thornton would be enough. Rasmus' potential is unlimited. They weren't going to give him away.

That is frustrating. It's sad that big deals are shot down because Viciedo would almost have to be involved in every one.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 10:18 AM)
Its really not that bad of a deal if you just take into account this deal itself. Teahen was a top 3 enemy on this site for good reasons. Jackson was walking. We got 10 million, a cheap effective reliever and a top 50 prospect.

Not everybody likes Stewart nearly that much. And he's still a soon to be 25 year old in AA. Really, now that we're not all mad, this isn't a terrible trade though, although I still think it's bad.