Quentin sought after by BOS

harfman77

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 09:22 PM)
The guy from CSN:

Keep your eyes on KW; the payroll trim of E Jack City/Teahen deal means it's more likely #WhiteSox ADD payroll than cut in next deal

Erm. That's the direct opposite of what others have been saying.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 08:23 PM)
Erm. That's the direct opposite of what others have been saying.

Yes, but it's the July trade deadline, the Sox are only 3 games out, and this is KW we are talking about. Nothing would surprise me at this point!

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 07:22 PM)
The guy from CSN:

Keep your eyes on KW; the payroll trim of E Jack City/Teahen deal means it's more likely #WhiteSox ADD payroll than cut in next deal

Interesting as this again contradicts all other reports.

If they're looking to ADD payroll ( which has not yet been said by ANYONE else ) they're not going to dump Q.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 08:26 PM)
Interesting as this again contradicts all other reports.

If they're looking to ADD payroll ( which has not yet been said by ANYONE else ) they're not going to dump Q.

Is it out of the realm of possibility that Quentin is traded, yet someone like, say, A-Ram is acquired?

QUOTE (Real @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 07:29 PM)
We're not adding payroll, this csn guy is just speculating

That's what everyone in the know and all signs indicate. Seems like a pretty off the wall comment, like the Rios to Brewers thing.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 09:34 PM)
Cowley's the only Chicago guy you can trust when it comes to the Sox.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA

tear, sniff. oh man...wait wait, ive got more

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 07:39 PM)
SoxTalk will/would be unbearable if KW started over.

If he acquired the right pieces for Quentin, or any other players, I wouldn't complain. I'd still sell pieces from this team if we were 10 games ahead and the right package was available.

And if these highly regarded prospects don't pan out, what is anyone going to say? "Man, that 2011 season had potential until Williams traded away Quentin. 2006 Cardinals! (insert other random statements)"

Far as the fans, most that fill up a stadium with their jerseys of whatever new acquisition Williams makes, they're morons and will react impulsively. Worrying about their feelings should be irrelevant. It's like reacting to the random comments section of any news story. I'm glad Williams is considering these moves. He shouldn't be afraid of doing what's best for the team.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE (beckham15 @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 08:33 PM)
U beat me to it.... Have viciedo in right and aram at 3rd

I haven't been a big fan of Aramis in recent years, but this year he's been on his game, so as long as the rental cost wasn't too extravagant, he could be the perfect addition to pick up any offensive slack lost in a Quentin trade, while also upgrading a position we happen to be deficient at (offensively speaking).

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 09:41 PM)
I haven't been a big fan of Aramis in recent years, but this year he's been on his game, so as long as the rental cost wasn't too extravagant, he could be the perfect addition to pick up any offensive slack lost in a Quentin trade, while also upgrading a position we happen to be deficient at (offensively speaking).

I have a feeling ARam would just disappear if he got on a team in a pennant race. He has no pressure on the Cubs and hasnt in some time so he can go at his own pace and put up numbers, but I think we would be disappointed with what he would do with the sox.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 07:44 PM)
Ballantini brings up a valid point though. This is Trader Kenny we're talking about here. We're 3 games out of 1st place at the trade deadline. Think about it.

It makes sense to me.

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 09:41 PM)

He's a dog at 3B, though. You'll never see the 2011 Ramirez over extend himself at 3B and risk injuring that shoulder on the heel of perhaps his final multi year contract.

QUOTE (The '05 Sound @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 09:44 PM)
I have a feeling ARam would just disappear if he got on a team in a pennant race. He has no pressure on the Cubs and hasnt in some time so he can go at his own pace and put up numbers, but I think we would be disappointed with what he would do with the sox.

Does anyone really think, even if the Sox were to add a little payroll, that there's a chance in hell they would give Ramirez to the Sox? What if he helped win the WS. It would kill the Cubs.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 09:22 PM)
The guy from CSN:

pretty sure KW said this himself in an interview yesterday. He said they were looking to cut payroll without hurting the team too much so they could possibly be creative and add on.

Edited by buhbuhburrrrlz

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 07:52 PM)
pretty sure KW said this himself in an interview yesterday. He said they were looking to cut payroll without hurting the team too much so they could possibly be creative and add on.

Kenny NEVER EVER has EVER postured a position through an interview.

;)

I'm not saying that I believe this report that they're willing to add now - but really man. :P

3 out 2 in the loss column after taking 4 of 5 from the teams in front of you is not the time to dismantle. As poorly as the Sox have played, it would be way worse than the White Flag Trade. Not. Even. Close.

I think the Sox add a little something before the deadline. Its time to start winning.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 09:54 PM)
3 out 2 in the loss column after taking 4 of 5 from the teams in front of you is not the time to dismantle. As poorly as the Sox have played, it would be way worse than the White Flag Trade. Not. Even. Close.

I think the Sox add a little something before the deadline. Its time to start winning.

I'm not sold that winning the division means s***, they're not even .500 for starters, and im tired of the 2006 cards being brought up, ugh...