Rumor: Rios/Thornton to Brewers for Gamel?

Steve9347

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 06:13 PM)
What a bizarre couple of days, the trade/rumors are just weird and they're coming from odd sources. None of this seems typical, this year's deadline just feels off, it feels like the ogranization is stuck in between.

We totally are, especially with the win today.

this may just be an off the wall crazy idea.. but just hear me out if this rumor has legs and with upton out of the lineup tonight in tampa (a guy KW has loved).. if kenny was gonna move rios, i dont think our everyday CF will be De Aza.. and from everything i have read the rays are not asking for a ton for upton.. so say we move rios in this deal, will KW turn around and deal for upton? I just have a feeling if we can move Rios then Upton is a guy we are going after since we passed on Rasmus. I jus dont see Kenny passing on Rasmus if he had an idea of dealing Rios without someone else on his mind... even tho the price for Rasmus was more than orginally thought we there being 3 PTBNL's in the deal now from what we have heard

QUOTE (whitesox1 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 11:19 PM)
this may just be an off the wall crazy idea.. but just hear me out if this rumor has legs and with upton out of the lineup tonight in tampa (a guy KW has loved).. if kenny was gonna move rios, i dont think our everyday CF will be De Aza.. and from everything i have read the rays are not asking for a ton for upton.. so say we move rios in this deal, will KW turn around and deal for upton? I just have a feeling if we can move Rios then Upton is a guy we are going after since we passed on Rasmus. I jus dont see Kenny passing on Rasmus if he had an idea of dealing Rios without someone else on his mind... even tho the price for Rasmus was more than orginally thought we there being 3 PTBNL's in the deal now from what we have heard

What are you referring to with these three PTBNL? And I'd be stunned if Upton doesn't go to the Nats.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 06:21 PM)
What are you referring to with these three PTBNL? And I'd be stunned if Upton doesn't go to the Nats.

Blue Jays acquired OF Colby Rasmus, LHP Trever Miller, LHP Brian Tallet and RHP P.J. Walters from the Cardinals for RHPs Edwin Jackson and Octavio Dotel, LHP Marc Rzepcynzki, OF Corey Patterson and three players to be named later or cash considerations.

--That is from Rasmus rotoworld page

QUOTE (Cerbaho-WG @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 06:22 PM)
This twitter account seems familiar. I swear he made up something about a trade that never happened several months back...

incarcerated bob does that alot

QUOTE (Cerbaho-WG @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 12:28 AM)
Now I remember it. This guy said that Jeremy Hollowell, a HS basketball recruit who wound up signing with Indiana, committed to Ohio State.

This rumor's bulls***.

Figures the one you want to be false, is true...and the one you want to be true, is false

QUOTE (Cerbaho-WG @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 06:28 PM)
Now I remember it. This guy said that Jeremy Hollowell, a HS basketball recruit who wound up signing with Indiana, committed to Ohio State.

This rumor's bulls***.

A high school rumor? Who cares?