Conspiracy theory of the day

southsider2k5

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 08:04 PM)
Is Kenny giving Ozzie more kids to try to make him quit after this season so that they dont have to fire him?

I don't think so, but I like the way you're thinking. If we don't win the division, I wouldn't mind seeing the org make things uncomfortable for Ozzie in every way possible. Getting a useful player from the Marlins for Oz would be KW's second greatest achievement.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 09:24 PM)
I don't think Ozzie, for all of his big talk, has the stones to quit this job. He'll have to be fired, and I bet he'll go out kicking and screaming whenever he is.

Yep. Ozzie and his son would tweet their heads off. We'd hear all the clubhouse stuff from his son who can't keep his mouth shut, and of course none of it would be Ozzie's fault (at least according to his son.)

I think it took KW way to long to make a move. It's nice to shake things up a little for a struggling team. Rios is now hopefully on the bench for a long time. Sounds great to me.

Bob

QUOTE (gosox41 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 08:11 PM)
Rios is now hopefully on the bench for a long time. Sounds great to me.

Kenny Williams on Rios:

Rios is going to have to take a back seat. I'm sending a message to everyone.

Ozzie on Rios:

We'll find a way to play Rios.

Yuck. I used to love Ozzie but man - his time has come. He can't even listen to his GM or look at a player hitting .200 - who does nothing but lolligag around the field.

A full-on youth movement buries KW more than serving as an indictment of Ozzie.

The Teahen trade/s, benching Rios for DeAza...you can't really argue that these are meant to cover up anything that Ozzie has any actual control over.

Let's say they go with Viciedo, DeAza, Milledge/Danks/Lillibridge (some combination) in 2012. KW would have to answer for that more than Ozzie.

If you look at every single move besides Humber/Santos (not even really trades)...and sure, you might as well include Viciedo if you really stretch it into the KW "plus" column, he's had a long string of demonstrably bad trades and talent assessments.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 08:24 PM)
I don't think Ozzie, for all of his big talk, has the stones to quit this job. He'll have to be fired, and I bet he'll go out kicking and screaming whenever he is.

More brains than stones. Let's see you quit a multimillion dollar contract. He still gets the money if he's fired unless he coaches another team.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 10:33 PM)
Kenny Williams on Rios:

Ozzie on Rios:

Yuck. I used to love Ozzie but man - his time has come. He can't even listen to his GM or look at a player hitting .200 - who does nothing but lolligag around the field.

You know what lolligaging makes you?

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 09:24 PM)

Remember when the Sox wouldn't sign him and he left for Baltimore? He batted .245 his last year with the Sox, went to the O's, had maybe 20 at bats and proclaimed that the infield there was 10 times better than the Sox infield at the time. And by proclaimed I mean said so with much profanity and broken english.

Bad trades and/or putting a team togeher is more an indictment of Kenny Williams then Ozzie Guillen. But, I would not be surprised at all if Ozzie does leave for the Miami Marlins next season. Phil Rogers blurbs that maybe Tony Larussa will be welcomes back to Chicago in 2012? But, you know what say what you will about Guillen we have an under producing team this season and he is still within 3 1/2 games of the top. I have often wondered about the aggressiveness of the Sox to pull off deals and use our farm system as the feeder for other teams. We have given up some pretty decent youngsters. Yes we won in 2005 but memories run short in baseball. If Ozzie and Kenny are both here in 2012 I have no problem with that either. I just hope for a better producing club

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 12:23 AM)
More brains than stones. Let's see you quit a multimillion dollar contract. He still gets the money if he's fired unless he coaches another team.

Huh? I'm not saying he should quit. All I'm saying is Ozzie is just a big talker. He pretends like he could quit anytime and go back with his family or get another job the next day. Or like he knows he'll get fired and that's fine. In reality, he'd never quit and he'll go scorched earth whenever he's fired here. I can almost guarantee it.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 09:57 PM)
KW doesn't want Ozzie to walk away, he just wants him to say Miami is the place he wants to be. Compensation baby. Maybe not Logan Morrison, but something worthwhile.

I would like to see what Logan Morrison would have to say on twitter about getting traded for a manager though. :lol:

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 09:57 PM)
KW doesn't want Ozzie to walk away, he just wants him to say Miami is the place he wants to be. Compensation baby. Maybe not Logan Morrison, but something worthwhile.

Not having to pay Ozzie would be enough for Kenny.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 11:34 AM)
Bad trades and/or putting a team togeher is more an indictment of Kenny Williams then Ozzie Guillen. But, I would not be surprised at all if Ozzie does leave for the Miami Marlins next season. Phil Rogers blurbs that maybe Tony Larussa will be welcomes back to Chicago in 2012? But, you know what say what you will about Guillen we have an under producing team this season and he is still within 3 1/2 games of the top. I have often wondered about the aggressiveness of the Sox to pull off deals and use our farm system as the feeder for other teams. We have given up some pretty decent youngsters. Yes we won in 2005 but memories run short in baseball. If Ozzie and Kenny are both here in 2012 I have no problem with that either. I just hope for a better producing club

He'd cost a lot more than Ozzie. I do wonder what the St. Lous fans feel about LaRussa. Sometimes guys like that don't know when to retire. It's just Phil being Phil of s***. He should be a low paid yahoo blogger. I enjoy reading the comments to his columns. The Cards wanted Sale for Rasmus. They didn't want to take on Thornton's salary for next year. It will be interesting how much Pujols will make next year?

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 10:08 PM)
He'd cost a lot more than Ozzie. I do wonder what the St. Lous fans feel about LaRussa. Sometimes guys like that don't know when to retire. It's just Phil being Phil of s***. He should be a low paid yahoo blogger. I enjoy reading the comments to his columns. The Cards wanted Sale for Rasmus. They didn't want to take on Thornton's salary for next year. It will be interesting how much Pujols will make next year?

The Cardinals are doing a lot of things that make me think they think there's a very real chance Albert leaves. Either way, I'd be pretty surprised if La Russa is there in 2012.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 10:19 PM)
The Cardinals are doing a lot of things that make me think they think there's a very real chance Albert leaves. Either way, I'd be pretty surprised if La Russa is there in 2012.

He might move up in their front office. Just think Sox fans could get their wish of Walker being gone only to be replace by McGuire. People will wonder why Lillibridge is on pace for a 25 HR season playing part time. Mark will introduce the team to those same skills that made he, SamMe and Barry famous.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 10:38 PM)
I agree, but if Ozzie is managing in Miami next year, I'm sure KW would like something from the Marlins.

I'm sure he would like something, but I also think he would be thrilled to be rid of him for no cost too.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 07:02 AM)
I'm sure he would like something, but I also think he would be thrilled to be rid of him for no cost too.

If by some chance LaRussa is manager, Kenny will miss Ozzie. There will be more friction between KW &TL.

Be careful for what you wish for.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 03:46 PM)
If by some chance LaRussa is manager, Kenny will miss Ozzie. There will be more friction between KW &TL.

I'm not wishing for anything here. I don't hate Ozzie nearly as much as most of Soxtalk does. I just am speaking from Kenny's perspective.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 09:19 PM)
I don't think so, but I like the way you're thinking. If we don't win the division, I wouldn't mind seeing the org make things uncomfortable for Ozzie in every way possible. Getting a useful player from the Marlins for Oz would be KW's second greatest achievement.

I think formulating a letter of resignation would be right up there too.

Does anyone here really think LaRussa would come back here to take orders from Kenny?

I think not.

But let me say, I'm not all that keen on LaRussa coming back here - he's way too polarizing.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 03:46 PM)

LaRussa will not answer to Williams - everybody and their grandmama knows that ain't gonna work

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 07:43 PM)
Huh? I'm not saying he should quit. All I'm saying is Ozzie is just a big talker. He pretends like he could quit anytime and go back with his family or get another job the next day. Or like he knows he'll get fired and that's fine. In reality, he'd never quit and he'll go scorched earth whenever he's fired here. I can almost guarantee it.

That's putting it mildly.