8/6 gamethread

JoshPR

QUOTE (mcgrad70 @ Aug 6, 2011 -> 09:53 PM)
A ridiculous waste of the closer here with a 5-run lead..

What further proof do you Ozziepologists need this manager is grossly incompetent?

Has Sergio worked much lately during a 6 game losing skid?

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Aug 6, 2011 -> 08:56 PM)
Congrats on 1st MLB win Stewart....................this is the type of game Sox have LOST all year! :headbang :gosoxretro:

Absolutely. He pitched great.... Ozzie - let the KIDS play

Sidenote, congrats also to Richard Dent on his HOF enshrinement today!

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Aug 6, 2011 -> 08:56 PM)
Congrats on 1st MLB win Stewart....................this is the type of game Sox have LOST all year! :headbang :gosoxretro:

Yep. I saw just saying that to my brother... I actually enjoyed watching a Sox game for the first time in awhile. Nice win.

QUOTE (mcgrad70 @ Aug 7, 2011 -> 01:53 AM)
A ridiculous waste of the closer here with a 5-run lead..

What further proof do you Ozziepologists need this manager is grossly incompetent?

Are you crazy?

He's hardly pitched at all in a week since we lost, uh, six in a row.

Hmmm CQ gets a day off and Rios gets three hits and now CQ is rested for Sunday.

And there was a meltdown when the lineup came out.

It doesn't matter, folks.

You just have to take the field and win the f***ing game. Tonight the Sox did.

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Aug 6, 2011 -> 08:00 PM)
I just got home and missed the entire game, however, can someone give me a brief summary on how Stewart looked? The line looks ok, especially the ER line, just wondering how his stuff looked as well as composure etc.

I liked his presence on the mound. He came right at the Twins hitters and didn't seem scared. Worked out of a couple jams to limit damage - e.g. had guys on 2nd and 3rd with Mauer at the plate and struck him out to end the inning. Solid work from a rookie.

Santos hasn't pitched as much as the rest of the pen.

He was already prepared to enter in the 9th in a save situation, and it's good to put him out there in those blowout situations so he can learn to trust himself more and more and go after hitters directly instead of flirting with so many walks or 3-2 counts against hitters that might only hurt him 5-10% of the time if he just throws it right over the heart of the plate.