8/10 Gamethread Sox at Baltimore

JoshPR

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 10, 2011 -> 05:33 PM)
My thing was-- get over .500 and within 3 games of Detroit.

So sweep the O's, and the Tigers lose one more in Cleveland, and it'll be "game on" for the final 45 games.

I have to admit, the power surge the last 5 games has been nice to see.

This team has actually been watchable.

Dammit. Omar second is ridiculous.

I'd rather have Beckham up there if Lexi is getting the day off.

s***.

And the power surge you mentioned has been THE KEY to our finally winning some games in a row.

Dunn seventh is perfect; Omar second, ugh.

Edited by greg775

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 10, 2011 -> 03:12 PM)

s***.

And the power surge you mentioned has been THE KEY to our finally winning some games in a row.

Dunn seventh is perfect; Omar second, ugh.

Why is Omar second bad? He's a seasoned player who can do a lot of good things with his bat.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 10, 2011 -> 02:12 PM)

not me. Omar will be chomping at the bit - we've seen him have some pretty good games in the 2 hole.

I wonder when JP's going to get a break from de Aza.

QUOTE (Cali @ Aug 10, 2011 -> 03:15 PM)
Wow Morel didn't get benched for hitting a bomb yesterday...

Thats Ozzies's usual MO.

Vizquel is where he should be. He can handle the bat and is not a big RBI guy.

Is Beckham in contention for a gold glove. He should be.

This from Phil Rogers:

3. The White Sox have won five straight and made up 2 1-2 games in three days. It's Philip Humber's time to hold serve Wednesday night in Baltimore. His last quality start was on July 2. Humber's recent backsliding has to be troubling for Ken Williams and the White Sox front office, as he'd be an inexpensive alternative in the 2012 rotation, if he can be trusted. The stretch run -- and his ability to handle a workload beyond 140 innings -- will determine whether he's a definite part of the '12 rotation or a guy who comes to spring training with something to prove. It will make the planning for next season a lot easier if he finds a second wind.

I agree with Phil on this one and maybe we need to be more worried about whether Humber can continue pitching like a winner or he has blown his wad already instead of pounding on Rios and Dunn. We have a tendency here to annoint rotation leaders and give starting posiiton player nods to a player based solely on about 3 months worth of stats. They start out great and then come back to Earth once the league figures them out. I hope Phil Humber can show us he belongs with the big club and will be a starting rotation man next year. He has not done well the last four statrts I think it is. Phil needs to beaet the Orioles

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Aug 10, 2011 -> 09:26 PM)
Why is Omar second bad? He's a seasoned player who can do a lot of good things with his bat.

Omar looks done with at the plate. He's struggled to do anything productive at the plate for a while, and don't see the point in him being so high up in the order.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 10, 2011 -> 11:22 PM)
Hit the wall physically and mentally maybe? Self-fulfilling prophecy, it would seem.

That's what I am worried about, Butm, Hardy is a heckuva a hiutter and has 21 bombs this season. You just like to see our pitcher get out of the first inning unscathed though. Three hits allowed already

Something I like about Humber though is he is a battler. He won't give in, but trouble follows him around in the form of too many hits and walks allowed and eventually it catches up to you in the game. He needs to get into that rythm and hold on

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Aug 10, 2011 -> 11:28 PM)
Who is our long guy in the pen? We really need a Santiago or something in there to give us some innings before everyone else's arm falls off.

I don't think we have anyone and Stewart is scheduled to start on Friday