8/10 Gamethread Sox at Baltimore

JoshPR

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1) Humber has hit the wall...nothing to be done about that

2) Vizquel should never be playing SS at his age, only 3B or 2B....you have to use Lillibridge to rest Ramirez

3) Dunn has to benched for the rest of the season

4) Nobody on this team is taking the right approach at the plate except Konerko, AJ and Morel...and Pierre usually

Beckham, Rios, Quentin, Ramirez, Dunn....all of them need a new hitting coach desperately

You can't try to pull every outside pitch. Harrelson keeps saying "just missed it" but that's what will happen Carlos. Rios keeps pulling outside pitches and they're resulting in a ton of lazy fly balls to CF. I've given up expecting Beckham to go on anything resembling another hot streak the final 7 weeks.

Last inning was a perfect example. Leadoff double, Dunn K, Beckham swinging out of his ass and popping up and the runner never leaving 2B.

Can't afford to give away games that like this when you're 4 GB in the heart of August.

Edited by caulfield12

If Ramirez was playing shortstop...or Lillibridge, we probably limit the damage to 2 runs there in the early innings instead of 3.

OLDmar just has zero range at this point in his career. Even if he stops the ball, he doesn't have the arm strength to make most of the throws...especially deep in the hole.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 10, 2011 -> 08:37 PM)
11 fly balls for the Sox tonight. Looks like we're going to have to beat up on Tillman tomorrow to salvage this series and have some momentum for Friday. A loss tomorrow, and you're probably looking at a half-empty Cell.

Salvage the series?

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 10, 2011 -> 07:37 PM)
11 fly balls for the Sox tonight. Looks like we're going to have to beat up on Tillman tomorrow to salvage this series and have some momentum for Friday. A loss tomorrow, and you're probably looking at a half-empty Cell.

You're looking at that anyway...

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 10, 2011 -> 05:35 PM)
1) Humber has hit the wall...nothing to be done about that

2) Vizquel should never be playing SS at his age, only 3B or 2B....you have to use Lillibridge to rest Ramirez

3) Dunn has to benched for the rest of the season

4) Nobody on this team is taking the right approach at the plate except Konerko, AJ and Morel...and Pierre usually

Beckham, Rios, Quentin, Ramirez, Dunn....all of them need a new hitting coach desperately

You can't try to pull every outside pitch. Harrelson keeps saying "just missed it" but that's what will happen Carlos. Rios keeps pulling outside pitches and they're resulting in a ton of lazy fly balls to CF. I've given up expecting Beckham to go on anything resembling another hot streak the final 7 weeks.

Last inning was a perfect example. Leadoff double, Dunn K, Beckham swinging out of his ass and popping up and the runner never leaving 2B.

Can't afford to give away games that like this when you're 4 GB in the heart of August.

Humber might be having a bad start tonight, but his stuff looked quite good against Boston. Boston just hung with him and eventually hit him around. I'm pretty confident in Humber being a solid 3rd or 4th in this league.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 11, 2011 -> 01:38 AM)
You're looking at that anyway...

If the Sox had won tonight and tomorrow, I think we would have drawn well this weekend. There was actually a ton of positive buzz in Chicago the last few days.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 10, 2011 -> 06:37 PM)

Thought we had KC on the road, then CLE and TEX at home???

I hope that's right, I will be at the Friday and Saturday games in KC.