8/10 Gamethread Sox at Baltimore

JoshPR

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Aug 10, 2011 -> 10:08 PM)
At least we didn't lose any ground to the Tigers tonight. If we keep winning 5 out of every 6, we'll still win this division going away.

LMAO...the Sox will NOT keep winning every 5 out of every 6, no team does.

The White Sox will NOT win this division "going away"...if they win it, it will be a very tight race and will require excellent overall baseball against good teams...beating up on the Twins and Orioles does not make for sporting lofty predictions.

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 11, 2011 -> 02:12 AM)
Blah. He's just a guy. People always overrate him though, which is why he keeps getting traded for.

We lost tonight because we didn't take advantage with 1st and 3rd for our best hitter in the 7th and 2 on, nobody out in the 8th. Frasor hasn't been good, but really, we lost the game before he gave up that homer.

I do agree that the game was over before that homer...you figured one of their hitters would run into a pitch sooner than later. Some really awful at bats by Konerko, Beckham and Dunn with RISP towards the end of the game. Also, no more of this pulling Quentin BS in the 8th inning of a tie game.

QUOTE (kwolf68 @ Aug 10, 2011 -> 08:13 PM)
LMAO...the Sox will NOT keep winning every 5 out of every 6, no team does.

The White Sox will NOT win this division "going away"...if they win it, it will be a very tight race and will require excellent overall baseball against good teams...beating up on the Twins and Orioles does not make for sporting lofty predictions.

They're not going to win anything without Dunn and Beckham contributing.

Rios and Morel have picked it up at least, that's somewhat encouraging.

You would say it's almost too bad Rios wasn't asked to bunt (if he actually can execute it)...but that would have meant Dunn or Beckham still would have needed to come through with a hit.

Dunn, now 17 times this season with at least 3 K's and no hits. A new major league record every time he manages that difficult feat.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 10, 2011 -> 08:14 PM)
I do agree that the game was over before that homer...you figured one of their hitters would run into a pitch sooner than later. Some really awful at bats by Konerko, Beckham and Dunn with RISP towards the end of the game. Also, no more of this pulling Quentin BS in the 8th inning of a tie game.

I can't stand that. The game was tied when he was pulled too, which makes it especially bad IMO. No lead to protect, or need for speed to try and come from behind.

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Aug 10, 2011 -> 09:08 PM)
At least we didn't lose any ground to the Tigers tonight. If we keep winning 5 out of every 6, we'll still win this division going away.

Sure and the likelihood we keep winning 5 out of 6 is about 100000 to 1

QUOTE (hi8is @ Aug 10, 2011 -> 06:27 PM)
Will this be another game that goes by the wayside due to our manager?

Seems like having Rios bunt the runners over - then pinch hitting Dunn for Alexi would have been an obvious decision.

This.

QUOTE (hawksox13 @ Aug 10, 2011 -> 08:17 PM)
I'd like to hear one logical/reasonable/sane reason why anyone thinks this Sox team is going to win this division. Not. Going. To. Happen.

Detroit is not playing .500 in the Central. Chances are good it won't be the Twins. Cleveland could win this.

Edited by kitekrazy

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Aug 10, 2011 -> 08:46 PM)
Detroit is not playing .500 in the Central. Chances are good it won't be the Twins. Cleveland could win this.

I think Detroit comes in third - behind us... with Cleveland winning.

Yuck.

I hope I'm wrong and we get hot and win this thing.

Don't see it happening thou. :(

QUOTE (hawksox13 @ Aug 11, 2011 -> 03:17 AM)
I'd like to hear one logical/reasonable/sane reason why anyone thinks this Sox team is going to win this division. Not. Going. To. Happen.

Will we ever get over .500 is the real question. I say no f***ing way.

Well the home run derby stopped and we lose. f***. We got to hit 2-3 homers a night to win.

Frasor looks like another cruddy acquisition. Giving up a bomb to Baltimore is inexcusable with the Sox again flirting with .500.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 11, 2011 -> 02:23 AM)
Ozzie also didn't get Lillibridge or Ramirez into the game as PH'ers.

At least both those guys can get an extra-base hit or a homer...Lilly should have hit for DeAza against a LHP.

Ramirez could have hit for Vizquel.

Do all fan message boards second guess their manager after losses like this?

Wow it is relentless.

I can't wait til we hire a bad manager. This site will be something else.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 10, 2011 -> 11:28 PM)
Do all fan message boards second guess their manager after losses like this?

Probably, be we... the few, the tall, and the proud... second guess our manager during the game. ;)

Touche.