8/10 Gamethread Sox at Baltimore

JoshPR

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Greg Hibbard @ Aug 10, 2011 -> 12:22 PM)
A win tonight and I really think we'll have something on our hands here.

My thing was-- get over .500 and within 3 games of Detroit.

So sweep the O's, and the Tigers lose one more in Cleveland, and it'll be "game on" for the final 45 games.

I have to admit, the power surge the last 5 games has been nice to see.

This team has actually been watchable.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Aug 10, 2011 -> 11:24 AM)
Humber has really fallen off the last month. Here's hoping he turns it around for the stretch beginning tonight. Both starters look like they've been struggling.

Let's hit the half-dozen!

He's still pitched fairly well, just been victimized by a few bad innings...

I'm pretty excited for this one tonight....and hopefully the Indians and Tigers go 13 again...

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Aug 10, 2011 -> 02:33 PM)
Pierre - LF Vizquel - SS Konerko - DH Quentin - RF Pierzynski - C Rios - CF Dunn - 1B Beckham - 2B Morel - 3B Humber - P

Nice to see Vizquel in the second spot. However, hate to see Dunn at 1B. Paulie must still be hurting. Looking for a big game from the AIR in CF.

Edited by sunofgold

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Aug 10, 2011 -> 01:33 PM)
Pierre - LF Vizquel - SS Konerko - DH Quentin - RF Pierzynski - C Rios - CF Dunn - 1B Beckham - 2B Morel - 3B Humber - P

Wish it was De Aza, not Rios.

Will be interesting to see which direction Rios goes in from here...

He showed a little emotion on a pull-hook grounder (maybe it was a DP ball, can't remember), slammed his helmet down on his knee after running through 1B.

Mully and Hanley were of the opinion this display boded well. Others aren't so sure.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 10, 2011 -> 04:02 PM)
Will be interesting to see which direction Rios goes in from here...

He showed a little emotion on a pull-hook grounder (maybe it was a DP ball, can't remember), slammed his helmet down on his knee after running through 1B.

Mully and Hanley were of the opinion this display boded well. Others aren't so sure.

How have his atbats looked? Is he making contact even if there outs? Is he getting Jamed? Out in front?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 10, 2011 -> 03:23 PM)
RT @Orioles 8/10 lineup: Pie LF, Hardy SS, Markakis RF, Jones CF, Wieters C, Reynolds 3B, Davis 1B, Reimold DH, Andino 2B, Hunter P

Reynolds & Davis back to back?? They are just like Dunn, HR or K. (Although 2011 Dunn is way more like AAAA player Davis than Reynolds)

QUOTE (Cali @ Aug 10, 2011 -> 03:15 PM)
Wow Morel didn't get benched for hitting a bomb yesterday...

Please continue to end each post with an ellipsis so I can just aid your avatar quote to the end of the preceding sentence, makes me laugh. Similarly to when (was it sqwert?) who had the roaring bear, made me think the bear was yelling. Simple mind, simple pleasure. Now go you White Sox! :gosox3: