8/27 GT - SOX @ M's - 9:10pm CDT - CSN

knightni

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 28, 2011 -> 04:16 AM)
And no one could figure out how an offense could be this bad with that leadof talent at the top.

I'm still amazed at national radio n national play by play guys. They still use batting average, homers and RBIs as THE ONLY stats.

I was listening to a show and they were going over the Yankees' batting averages. I always think of this board and how nobody cares about batting average.

Pierre to most of the baseball world is having a very good year.

His final year as a White Sox ... I tip my cap to him.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 27, 2011 -> 11:30 PM)
I'm still amazed at national radio n national play by play guys. They still use batting average, homers and RBIs as THE ONLY stats.

I was listening to a show and they were going over the Yankees' batting averages. I always think of this board and how nobody cares about batting average.

Pierre to most of the baseball world is having a very good year.

His final year as a White Sox ... I tip my cap to him.

And believing that Juan Pierre has had a very good year is part of the problem.

This offense has been awful. Juan pierre has been adequate at best on offense. He's not why the offense has been awful. But he has no ability to cover for anyone else struggling.

If Juan Pierre was having a truly great year, this would be a much better offense. (ditto for his defense)

Hell, even a "classic stats" person would say he's been awful and utterly useless on the basepaths.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 28, 2011 -> 04:33 AM)
And believing that Juan Pierre has had a very good year is part of the problem.

This offense has been awful. Juan pierre has been adequate at best on offense. He's not why the offense has been awful. But he has no ability to cover for anyone else struggling.

If Juan Pierre was having a truly great year, this would be a much better offense. (ditto for his defense)

Hell, even a "classic stats" person would say he's been awful and utterly useless on the basepaths.

He has 22 stolen bases and has been caught 13 times. Yes that sucks.

He's scored 64 runs which is fairly s***ty but it's not like anybody on our team besides PK can knock anybody in.

Next year with an outfield of Viciedo, DeAza and CQ, those aren't exactly blazers on the basepaths. We won't be stealing any bases next year, either, since Lexi and Becks don't steal bases.

Becks is at .234 with five stolen bases and .293 OBP. I read those stats and those stats suck. Juan's stats at least do not suck.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 27, 2011 -> 10:50 PM)
Can anybody imagine Jerry touching another high-profile FA ever again? He still wont let go of the Borchard debacle.

None from the NL anyway. That was my concern from the start...but to fall off the cliff like this is unprecedented.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 27, 2011 -> 11:44 PM)
How can Dunn not retire?

Is this fun for him? This failure?

He's got to be set for life for money.

What a terrible way to end a career though. In a perfect case scenario, he apoligizes for this year, pulls a Bostock/Meche and offers some or all of his salary back, promises to do everything he can to regain his former glory, then goes about a radical off-season change in his preparation. Something akin to better developing quick twitch muscles. I think he has stated that he has never altered his off-season training. If he then fares no better, he can retire part way though next year and leave with his head held high.

QUOTE (ottawa_sox @ Aug 27, 2011 -> 11:02 PM)
I think he has stated that he has never altered his off-season training.

Unlike PK, Jeter and every other aging ball player that work to stay competitive and more importantly, actually have an off-season training program, Dunn will continue to sit around on his fat a$$ drinking beer

Edited by La Marr Hoyt HOF