8/31 GT - SOX vs. Twins - 1:10pm CDT - WGN

knightni

Beckham and morel need new approaches that's all. They play good D, that's an intangible they got. How can morel hit 3 homers in very limited AB's last year and only have 2 this year? WALKER

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 07:30 PM)
No you don't, unless you think that Tyler Kuhn is your opening day 2b next year right now and you want him in the lineup.

If he full-out busts, he full out busts. Let him do it here.

I agree. Keep Beckham with the Sox. The kid can still come around. He has talent and he is young. Don't give up on him yet.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 12:03 PM)
lol I hate the chip away comment now because of some guy on the slow pitch softball team. He always says that, sometimes we can be down by 8 with 2 more innings to play. Come on let's chip away. lol you can't just chip away when you're down that much, you need to cut it in half or more or something.

8 is nothing in softball :P

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 08:30 PM)
No you don't, unless you think that Tyler Kuhn is your opening day 2b next year right now and you want him in the lineup.

If he full-out busts, he full out busts. Let him do it here.

2nd base is a position where replacement level players are traditionally cheap. I clearly said if Beckham still had significant trade value, as maybe there's a team out there that will think they can turn him around. You absolutely cannot have him and Morel both in the lineup with Walker still here next year.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 03:33 PM)
Morel actually would be more productive with the "lift and pull" approach of Ramirez/Quentin/Rios/Beckham arguably.

Game over in DET.

I think Beckham is looking way too much to hit the ball to RF.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 03:34 PM)
2nd base is a position where replacement level players are traditionally cheap. I clearly said if Beckham still had significant trade value, as maybe there's a team out there that will think they can turn him around. You absolutely cannot have him and Morel both in the lineup with Walker still here next year.

This is why working in young talent is rough...because people lose patience way too rapidly.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 08:34 PM)
I think Beckham is looking way too much to hit the ball to RF.

No one is worse than Morel with regards to that. Bill Melton was laughing at his approach the other day on the radio, saying how defensive it is.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 03:35 PM)
No one is worse than Morel with regards to that. Bill Melton was laughing at his approach the other day on the radio, saying how defensive it is.

Totally agreed.

He's established that he can put the bat on the ball but he needs to swing more aggressively. When he does, he has plenty of power, but he's scared to use it.

He literally needs to lift and pull.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 08:35 PM)
This is why working in young talent is rough...because people lose patience way too rapidly.

Brent Morel, flat out, is not a major league caliber hitter to me. I'm fine going into next year with Beckham batting 9th, but if he has an even worse, weaker hitter behind him, then your offense is likely to suck.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 03:37 PM)
Brent Morel, flat out, is not a major league caliber hitter to me. I'm fine going into next year with Beckham batting 9th, but if he has an even worse, weaker hitter behind him, then your offense is likely to suck.

And you know as well as I do that if the Sox had a normal season from Dunn and Rios, their offense would be fine.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 03:39 PM)
Disagree, Morel's offense would never be considered "fine".

Yea, this performance would be bad.

THAT IS HOW YOU DEVELOP YOUNG PLAYERS.

You can't simultaneously tell me that the Sox need to trade Danks because he'll be expensive soon and then complain when young players struggle.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 08:38 PM)
And you know as well as I do that if the Sox had a normal season from Dunn and Rios, their offense would be fine.

Balta you are right about the young talent thing. Fans want instant success. Sometimes they get it for a few games and then the player comes back to earth. In the case of Morel and Flowers and Beckham even when your big hitters perform they can carry the youngsters along