8/31 GT - SOX vs. Twins - 1:10pm CDT - WGN

knightni

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (docsox24 @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 06:34 PM)
I am sick of watching, listening to and reading about Jake Peavy. If he is the reason we don't resign Mark I will be very unhappy.

It's setting up to be an absolute PR nightmare for the Sox this offseason when they either can't bring back Buehrle or have to unload two fan favorites in Danks and Quentin while maybe the two most despised Sox players of our generation in Dunn and Rios will be making 33% of the payroll. As for Peavy...don't even get me started on him. The entire AL Central should send a fruit basket to the doctor that salvaged his career.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 01:41 PM)
If Rios was allowed to use one of those aluminum bats that college baseball used a few years ago, do you think he'd be able to hit the ball out the opposite way?

Perhaps with a 30mph wind behind it.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 01:25 PM)
That is 100% revisionist history. Peavy only said he would go to a very few teams. That is why other teams didn't go after him.

Revisionist my ass the guy was hurt and other teams knew it.

Freddy Garcia is pitching for the Yankees - what does that tell you about how desparate teams are for pitching.

Peavy would not have been with the Sox if there had been a true market for him.

All Peavy has IS his mouth.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 01:38 PM)
It's setting up to be an absolute PR nightmare for the Sox this offseason when they either can't bring back Buehrle or have to unload two fan favorites in Danks and Quentin while maybe the two most despised Sox players of our generation in Dunn and Rios will be making 33% of the payroll. As for Peavy...don't even get me started on him. The entire AL Central should send a fruit basket to the doctor that salvaged his career.

seriously 3 guys who have been with us their whole careers (besides Carlos short zona stint) and who are likeable and play hard that we can't keep because of 3 pigs with no ties to the organization. disgusts me

QUOTE (sunofgold @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 01:43 PM)
I remember a game in the Metrodome where Buehrle gave up 7 runs in the first inning. Then he didn't give up anymore runs and we won the game and MB got the win. Hoping for deja vu today!

Yeah it was like the first time since 1900 or 1906 or something where a starter did that and got the win. But that was the deadly 2006 offense that we had. And we already had scored 3 in the top of the first off a Jermaine Dye homer maybe?

Edited by WilliamTell

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 01:42 PM)
Kinney warming......there is no reason to not make peavy throw 100 pitches today. If you are going to push him in a close game no reason not to push him today.

105 pitches regardless of the score.

I doubt this offense is coming back again.

So at least one other person is with me!

QUOTE (docsox24 @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 06:44 PM)
seriously 3 guys who have been with us their whole careers (besides Carlos short zona stint) and who are likeable and play hard that we can't keep because of 3 pigs with no ties to the organization. disgusts me

Whoever the GM is will have to try and unloaded at least one of the three busters for another bad contract. I can't see anyway you allow all of them back on the roster next year. Fans already hate them enough this year, and that's with a few remaining likable vets on this team. I just can't wait for Peavy to be our Opening Day starter next year because of his experience.

QUOTE (mcgrad70 @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 01:44 PM)
Revisionist my ass the guy was hurt and other teams knew it.

Freddy Garcia is pitching for the Yankees - what does that tell you about how desparate teams are for pitching.

Peavy would not have been with the Sox if there had been a true market for him.

All Peavy has IS his mouth.

Actually he wouldn't. He had a trade veto, and he demonstrated he was willing to use it.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 06:46 PM)
So at least one other person is with me!

I pull him, and hope he can rebound next week. It's not like we can skip him with Stewart in the rotation as well and Humber being a question mark. The biggest complaint I have with how Sox have handled Peavy this year is they treated him like Mark Buerhle instead of trying to steal a few games they could skip him in, etc.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 01:47 PM)
I pull him, and hope he can rebound next week. It's not like we can skip him with Stewart in the rotation as well and Humber being a question mark. The biggest complaint I have with how Sox have handled Peavy this year is they treated him like Mark Buerhle instead of trying to steal a few games they could skip him in, etc.

Mark Buehrle is probably the biggest reason for the 6 man rotation this year. He is probably also been the biggest beneficiary for it.