Cylander vs. G-Money

Quin

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 13, 2011 -> 11:31 PM)
Totally different feel with how Tigers beat us compared to how Twins used to. Tigers just hit the hell out of the ball, while Twins would bloop the crap out of it.

I feel the same way about the two.

When a game is scheduled against Detroit, I fully expect an L.

It was the same way with the Twins for a couple years until finally they played so many guys I've never heard of we were able to win a few games against them.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 13, 2011 -> 05:31 PM)
Totally different feel with how Tigers beat us compared to how Twins used to. Tigers just hit the hell out of the ball, while Twins would bloop the crap out of it.

Agree with you here. In the past with the Twins you always had this 'What the f***? How did we let these guys get the best of us again?" type of feeling. Detroit has left no doubt that they are the class of this division. Best pitcher and position player in the division by far; extremely underrated supporting cast.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 13, 2011 -> 05:41 PM)
Agree with you here. In the past with the Twins you always had this 'What the f***? How did we let these guys get the best of us again?" type of feeling. Detroit has left no doubt that they are the class of this division. Best pitcher and position player in the division by far; extremely underrated supporting cast.

It does make it a little easier to stomach for me. If they had won the division with 85 or 86 wins, it would annoy me so much, cause the Sox would have been capable of that with anything from Dunn. But even with his standard 40-homer season, I don't think this team wins over 90, which is where DET is headed.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 13, 2011 -> 08:13 PM)
I'm actually excited about this game. Viciedo, Flowers, De Aza and Brent Longoria errr Morel are all in the lineup. And worst-case scenario we get shut-down by the no-doubt-about-it- best pitcher in baseball for 2011.

:lolhitting

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 13, 2011 -> 07:17 PM)
:lolhitting

I'll take whatever I can get. I've trashed Morel for the last couple months. He's been pretty good since the break. I hope it continues. As bleak as things look right now, there are some bright spots. Morel, Viciedo, De Aza, Sale and Reed. But Ozzie has to f***ing go. If not Ozzie then KW. Or at the very least Walker. We cannot come back with this same coaching/management team.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 13, 2011 -> 08:21 PM)
I'll take whatever I can get. I've trashed Morel for the last couple months. He's been pretty good since the break. I hope it continues. As bleak as things look right now, there are some bright spots. Morel, Viciedo, De Aza, Sale and Reed. But Ozzie has to f***ing go. If not Ozzie then KW. Or at the very least Walker. We cannot come back with this same coaching/management team.

Like I said earlier today...worst babip in the league 4 years in a row (and not in Oakland) is about the biggest hitting coach indictment I can think of.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 14, 2011 -> 12:26 AM)
I want to see Viciedo start getting more loft in his swing. Hits a ton of ground balls it seems.

Billy Butler has proven some big guys don't hit home runs. Billy needs some loft as well. Big guys need to hit home runs. KC fans don't like the lack of homers.

Edited by greg775

Viciedo has, and always will have.....pretty much a line drive/ground ball swing.

He's probably never going to put up 35 or 40 homers. 22-28 per season is much more likely.

As soon as we "fix" his swing, he'll hit 15 homers, pop up 110 times, strike out 150 times and hit .225.

Meanwhile, Morel is all the way up to a 650 OPS and Flowers is something like 1 for his last 25 or 30.

Pretty impressed DeAza's still sporting a 900+ OPS after well over 100 AB's.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 13, 2011 -> 07:21 PM)

Don't forget Lillibridge and Stewart's had some decent outings, too.

Still want to see how he pitches against TEX, DET, NY, BOS, TOR, etc.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 13, 2011 -> 07:30 PM)
Never thought I'd see the day where Morel is a significantly better hitter than Beckham.

Never thought I'd see the day this late in the season where an Alex Rios 2 for 2 still doesn't get him up to a 600 OPS.

Did he actually hit 2 line drives or were they "accidental" hits?

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 13, 2011 -> 06:35 PM)
Never thought I'd see the day this late in the season where an Alex Rios 2 for 2 still doesn't get him up to a 600 OPS.

Did he actually hit 2 line drives or were they "accidental" hits?

The 2nd hit he tatooed it off the wall but Young played it pretty well and held Rios to a single. Didn't see the 1st one.

Looks like Boston reversed the TB momentum for at least one night....

Months ago, Arizona/SF and the AL Central seemed more intriguing than the AL/NL wildcard races, that's for sure. And you never would have thought the Angels would have enough hitting to threaten the Rangers, but that pitching staff...whoa!

Another thought...

Thome for the rotation DH in 2010, seemingly if you flip-flopped Dunn and Victor Martinez between the two teams, that would have been enough to at least even this AL Central division if not tip the balance to the White Sox

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 13, 2011 -> 08:58 PM)
Sure glad we got Dunn and not VMart. Gavin couldn't have made worse pitches to VMart in that AB.

The irony as well, both Martinez and Cabrera are Venezuelan.

And yet Ozzie seemingly never wanted Martinez.

Sure, we already had AJ, but by this point in his career, nobody was looking at Victor as more than a back-up/emergency catcher.