Offseason Plans

kwill

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 29, 2011 -> 04:25 PM)
Well, Marty "The Genius" 34.

We finished 9-10 games back of the Twins in 2004.

Clearly they were more talented, they'd crushed the White Sox in 2003 and won three consecutive division championships.

So tearing apart the entire organization and dumping everyone to rebuild at that point in time would have been the prudent move from a financial standpoint in order to protect JR's pocketbook. Oooops, they did that, well, sort of....getting rid of Ordonez, Lee and Valentin.

But KW clearly didn't trade away every talented player left for "prospects/suspects," like you're suggesting with Ramirez and Santos.

And we actually won the World Series the following year. What do you know?

A clever retort besides we finished 15 games behind the Tigers would be nice, but I'm not expecting much...thanks in advance for your time and consideration.

So Marty, how is 2011-12 any different for this organization with KW in charge than 2004-2005?

Because we finished 9-10 GB instead of 15 and were OH SO CLOSE (seemingly) to the juggernaut Twins?

This post speaks for itself. You see a potential World Series team in the making. I do not.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Sep 29, 2011 -> 03:46 PM)
This post speaks for itself. You see a potential World Series team in the making. I do not.

But you clearly did in 2004, right?

You were there with Rodin to notice "The Thinker" lurking in that block of granite...or warning onloading passengers to leave the Titanic before its maiden voyage, or the Hindenburg.

Only Kenny "The Genius" Williams can see it. Mere mortals cannot.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 29, 2011 -> 04:51 PM)
But you clearly did in 2004, right?

You were there with Rodin to notice "The Thinker" lurking in that block of granite...or warning onloading passengers to leave the Titanic before its maiden voyage, or the Hindenburg.

Only Kenny "The Genius" Williams can see it. Mere mortals cannot.

What?

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Sep 29, 2011 -> 03:54 PM)
What?

You clearly saw the 2004 team, at the end of that season...had the makings of the 2005 World Series champions, largely because Ozzie "Knute Rockne" Guillen was the manager?

But because of Ozzie's absence, the 2012 White Sox have zero chance to compete for the World Series title, correct Wizard from Zanzibar?

My point is, with your all-seeing, all-knowing omniscient omnipotence, clearly you've correctly foreseen everything that has ever happened in the history of the White Sox and perhaps the rest of the world, true?

Just hoping you could put that same talent into good use to save lives, that's all. Or at least enrich yourself by picking the winning lottery numbers.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 29, 2011 -> 04:57 PM)
You clearly saw the 2004 team, at the end of that season...had the makings of the 2005 World Series champions, largely because Ozzie "Knute Rockne" Guillen was the manager?

But because of Ozzie's absence, the 2012 White Sox have zero chance to compete for the World Series title, correct Wizard from Zanzibar?

You're making stuff up.

From the desk of JR

Organizational plan 2012 White Sox

1. Raise parking up another $1.00 being highest in majors already is not enough.

2. Raise ticket prices and make all games premium games no more half priced Monday's, it worked so well in 2011! I love mid 20,000's for Yankees & Boston

3. Lower payroll ASAP.

4. Offer 13 games Kenny Williams is back again and again plan.

5. Spend even less in 2012 draft and player development, being last now is fun and makes our minor league system the envy of MLB.

6. Sign no free agents this winter, but check waiver wire weekly.

7. Have Kenny b**** about attendance each month starting in May and having no money at the trade deadline, put focus on the fan's rather than Kenny's performance.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Sep 29, 2011 -> 11:33 PM)
From the desk of JR

1. Raise parking up another $1.00 being highest in majors already is not enough.

2. Raise ticket prices and make all games premium games no more half priced Monday's, it worked so well in 2011! I love mid 20,000's for Yankees & Boston

3. Lower payroll ASAP.

5. Spend even less in 2012 draft and player development, being last now is fun and makes our minor league system the envy of MLB.

7. Have Kenny b**** about attendance each month starting in May and having no money at the trade deadline, put focus on the fan's rather than Kenny's performance.

Excellent post. If Cowley wrote this he'd prolly get a raise. Good stuff.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Sep 29, 2011 -> 04:33 PM)
From the desk of JR

3. Lower payroll ASAP.

LOL, I love this. Also need to raise the Cactus League prices in Glendale too.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 29, 2011 -> 09:07 PM)
Maybe Soxtalk should outlaw corporal punishment, because Caulfield just paddled Marty's ass all over this message board.

He can put it on his resume/CV for Baseball Debate 101: Playing the Devil's Advocate and Constructing Powerful Arguments Based Off of Logic and Past Examples

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Sep 29, 2011 -> 09:17 PM)
So much so that I'm thinking about putting him on IG-NORE.

:lol:

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Sep 29, 2011 -> 08:17 PM)
So much so that I'm thinking about putting him on IG-NORE.

C'mon Marty, I'd miss you too much!!!

You and your comrade-in-arms, VictoryMC.

Once upon a time, there was a poster at chisox.com named Ncorgbl. You aren't even close to him as a poster in terms of daftness and tin-foiled theories.

Keep it up.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 29, 2011 -> 10:23 PM)

Once upon a time, there was a poster at chisox.com named Ncorgbl. You aren't even close to him as a poster in terms of daftness and tin-foiled theories.

Keep it up.

Okay CF, but please no more beatdowns. I mean that was severe.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Sep 29, 2011 -> 10:28 PM)
Okay CF, but please no more beatdowns. I mean that was severe.

Since you joined in 2004, I was really hoping you could pull a post out of the hat suggesting your current deconstruction/rebuild-THINK but for the impending 2005 season.

That would be most impressive.

I don't think anyone honestly could have predicted the 2005 or 2008 seasons going in...just like no Red Sox fan possibly could have predicted September, 2011. Or a White Sox fan predicting 26-5 in 2010 or 4-18 in 2011.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 29, 2011 -> 10:23 PM)

Keep it up.

Although I disagree with him a lot, Marty gets an unfair reputation here. And he's definitely no VictoryMC. That's an insult.

Wow, I actually remember Ncorgbl. Just awful.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 29, 2011 -> 05:10 PM)
CF, this is really some of your best work. You're making us all proud.

I've never seen this side of him before. Makes a brilliant post like this..

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 29, 2011 -> 04:25 PM)
Well, Marty "The Genius" 34.

We finished 9-10 games back of the Twins in 2004.

Clearly they were more talented, they'd crushed the White Sox in 2003 and won three consecutive division championships.

So tearing apart the entire organization and dumping everyone to rebuild at that point in time would have been the prudent move from a financial standpoint in order to protect JR's pocketbook. Oooops, they did that, well, sort of....getting rid of Ordonez, Lee and Valentin.

But KW clearly didn't trade away every talented player left for "prospects/suspects," like you're suggesting with Ramirez and Santos.

And we actually won the World Series the following year. What do you know?

A clever retort besides we finished 15 games behind the Tigers would be nice, but I'm not expecting much...thanks in advance for your time and consideration.

So Marty, how is 2011-12 any different for this organization with KW in charge than 2004-2005?

Because we finished 9-10 GB instead of 15 and were OH SO CLOSE (seemingly) to the juggernaut Twins?

Then goes back to "caulfield" :lol: with this stuff.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 29, 2011 -> 04:51 PM)