"sometimes you need a rally beer"

southsider2k5

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Oct 12, 2011 -> 03:26 PM)
Is there something wrong with a beer? As long as you don't have more than one or two and aren't drunk then who cares?

Mantle admitted to being drunk during games. How eras change. He used "unhancers" and today they use enhancers.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Oct 12, 2011 -> 01:47 PM)
Sometimes you just need to keep your mouth shut...

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 12, 2011 -> 03:05 PM)
Your league sucks.

Exactly, for both of these.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 12, 2011 -> 02:51 PM)
"and the 4th inning is the beer inning."

QUOTE (jasonxctf @ Oct 12, 2011 -> 02:56 PM)
Umpire: Okay, let’s go over the ground rules. You can’t leave first until you chug a beer. Any man scoring has to chug a beer. You have to chug a beer at the top of all odd-numbered innings. Oh, and the fourth inning is the beer inning.

Chief Wiggum: Hey, we know how to play softball

Ah, you guys beat me to it.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Oct 12, 2011 -> 08:59 PM)
Mantle admitted to being drunk during games. How eras change. He used "unhancers" and today they use enhancers.

The Mick was also an alcoholic.

Look, I don't care if they are s***faced during games if it makes them loosen-up a bit a play better...and I understand the desire to bail the guys out in Boston before they start firing back and exposing the whole League as a bunch of drunken, dope-laden addicts, but honestly, right now, AJ? Couldn't you just be like Dempster and give some vague "yes, it happens still, not as much as in the past, but it definitely still goes on" kind of answer?

QUOTE (iamshack @ Oct 12, 2011 -> 11:18 PM)
The Mick was also an alcoholic.

Look, I don't care if they are s***faced during games if it makes them loosen-up a bit a play better...and I understand the desire to bail the guys out in Boston before they start firing back and exposing the whole League as a bunch of drunken, dope-laden addicts, but honestly, right now, AJ? Couldn't you just be like Dempster and give some vague "yes, it happens still, not as much as in the past, but it definitely still goes on" kind of answer?

There is a reason they hired AJ to work on Fox, and not say Paul Konerko, and you just saw it.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 12, 2011 -> 03:10 PM)
I usually have a beer or two before my kickball game even starts.

Ha.. I had one during a race for a playoff spot in high school baseball to get over a hangover from the other night.. of course my coach told me I was playing CF that day! (though I did make one great diving catch at the first ball hit to me.. after that though any ball hit to me was like a cartoon show) and we had to face one of Mt. Carmel's best pitchers at the time... yikes.

I was going to say I LOVED this quote from AJ because at least he's being HONEST about it.

THEN I read the part where he backtracked and admitted to only having 'a few sips'.

LOL, yeah... okay.

whatever. It bothered me when Beckham got busted writing lovenotes in the dirt at third because I wanted desperately to believe that these guys were focused on the game and securing a win at all times. At this point in my tenure (?) as a fan of the White Sox, I'm much less idealistic. Let's face it, if I were aboard that sinking ship, i'd be getting plastered on the daily.

ALSO, I heart the idea of Dunn being told to man up in a miller lite commercial. Let's make this happen.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 12, 2011 -> 05:01 PM)
I think he'll get fined for this one.

It is alcohol which is a drug technically.

I have no problem with it, though.

But some will say if he had one shot, he probably really had 5-6 and might have been impaired.

It is a legal drug so there won't be much trouble. Just like if he took ibuprofen, it's a drug but it's legal. Unless he has already been suspended for a substance abuse problem the league won't do anything.