2011 World Series Thread

Milkman delivers

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Impressive win by the Rangers. They looked horrible in that second inning but they rebounded. Those were gift runs, thus Cards really have been shutout the last two games. Momentum goes to Rangers but Cards still have their "wildcard" home field advantage.

Good series. Really hope that it goes 7 games!

QUOTE (sunofgold @ Oct 24, 2011 -> 10:50 PM)
Impressive win by the Rangers. They looked horrible in that second inning but they rebounded. Those were gift runs, thus Cards really have been shutout the last two games. Momentum goes to Rangers but Cards still have their "wildcard" home field advantage.

Good series. Really hope that it goes 7 games!

Hell of a Series. After seeing the Rangers lose last year, I've gotta pull for them to get their first title. If it happens in 6 games, I'm ok with it.

Edited by flavum

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Oct 24, 2011 -> 10:19 PM)
Well, there was finally a happy ending for Thome in CLE, although the Phillies were an NL team.

And you might want to revise your prediction of the Cardinals winning the World Series, Milkman.

Game 6 will be Colby Lewis vs. Jaime Garcia

Certainly the Cardinals would be in trouble with either Lohse/Jackson for Game 7 against Harrison but just as likely Holland (3 days' rest) after last night.

Perhaps. Losing that game that they basically had wrapped up in St. Louis is probably going to cost them.

Washington started the screw-ups in the 8th. Murphy can't hit lefties, there is absolutely zero reason to keep him in to face Scrabble. They got a lucky bounce so it worked out.

Then I don't care what's going on with the bullpen phone, keeping the LOOGY in to face Napoli cost them the game. Run onto the field and stop the at-bat if you have to, get a righty in there!

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 25, 2011 -> 07:52 AM)
Washington started the screw-ups in the 8th. Murphy can't hit lefties, there is absolutely zero reason to keep him in to face Scrabble. They got a lucky bounce so it worked out.

Then I don't care what's going on with the bullpen phone, keeping the LOOGY in to face Napoli cost them the game. Run onto the field and stop the at-bat if you have to, get a righty in there!

it would have been awesome to see TLR have a Bevington moment and come out and signal for a pitcher that wasnt warming

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 25, 2011 -> 07:52 AM)

it would have been awesome to see TLR have a Bevington moment and come out and signal for a pitcher that wasnt warming

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 25, 2011 -> 01:06 PM)
Tom Verducci tears into TLR's managing last night

After Game One, the writers were all singing his praises and proclaiming him god-like.

He just got fried last night.

People that hate the bunt especially when it takes the bat out of Albert's hands have to despise LaRussa.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 26, 2011 -> 09:47 AM)
~50% chance of rain tonight around game time, rain chance supposedly declining as the evening goes on. Temperature might be ~50 degrees and still somewhat rainy by the end of the game.

The MLB is looking at pre-emptively postponing tonight's game.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 25, 2011 -> 08:52 AM)

:lol:

I think they did the right thing if they think there would be rain delays tonight and they know the weather is favorable for Thursday and Friday. Why start it, ruin the starting pitchers in the most important game of the year, and have it come down to the bullpens going 6-7 innings...while inconveniencing the fans and ending the game at 2am?

Good move even if they could have gotten the game in eventually tonight.

Edited by flavum