2012 Cubs thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 7, 2012 -> 08:58 AM)
Nicely done.

Paul Sullivan ‏@PWSullivan

Bryce Harper on the Cubs purposely throwing at him: "I'd be pretty ticked off if I was getting my teeth kicked in all week, too."

The kid's an asshole, but assholes can be funny.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 7, 2012 -> 09:33 AM)
This isn't Savannah State against OSU here. It's two professional MLB teams, if you don't like all the runs they are scoring, then get somebody out.

Yeah, since when is giving an effort frowned upon? You are professionals, this isnt a beer league softball game where you are taking walks up by 20. What a bunch of babies.

• 2 weeks later...

^ I was perusing espn.com on my phone and noticed that it was showing bottom of 3 at 11:40. I thought that had to be wrong, but I guess not. It would have been a fun game to attend. Being at a ballgame at WTF o'clock is great stuff. Sox Opening Night 2006 was one of the more memorable games I've been to because of how late play resumed after the rain delay, and how empty the park was.

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Sep 17, 2012 -> 11:52 PM)
^ I was perusing espn.com on my phone and noticed that it was showing bottom of 3 at 11:40. I thought that had to be wrong, but I guess not. It would have been a fun game to attend. Being at a ballgame at WTF o'clock is great stuff. Sox Opening Night 2006 was one of the more memorable games I've been to because of how late play resumed after the rain delay, and how empty the park was.

Opening Night 2006 for the Sox?

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Sep 17, 2012 -> 10:59 PM)
Opening Night 2006 for the Sox?

Yeah- 3 hour rain delay. It was the only game on the schedule that night IIRC, and nationally televised, which added to the experience. 38,000+ were packed for the banner ceremony, but when play finally resumed after the delay, there were only a few in attendance scattered here and there. Thome hit one out after play resumed, and I remember how weird it was to hear the fireworks echoing off of the empty seats in the ballpark.

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Sep 18, 2012 -> 12:52 AM)
Yeah- 3 hour rain delay. It was the only game on the schedule that night IIRC, and nationally televised, which added to the experience. 38,000+ were packed for the banner ceremony, but when play finally resumed after the delay, there were only a few in attendance scattered here and there. Thome hit one out after play resumed, and I remember how weird it was to hear the fireworks echoing off of the empty seats in the ballpark.

Ah, I was trying to remember if I was there, but I was there in 07 to witness Darin Erstad.

Cubs game started at about 11:00pm. I'd think there'd be some code that you can't play baseball until 2:00am in the neighborhood, but apparently not.

I remember a long time ago games got called because there was a MLB rule that an inning could not begin after 1am local time, but that rule apparently no longer exists.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Sep 17, 2012 -> 11:39 PM)
Cubs game started at about 11:00pm. I'd think there'd be some code that you can't play baseball until 2:00am in the neighborhood, but apparently not.

According to the game recap, they weren't allowed to play the organ after 11 PM, except for Take Me Out to the Ball Game, which happened after midnight. They also played the P.A. advertisments in between innings and would have played Go Cubs Go had they won.

I'm all for the loud noise. All those neighborhood people have dollar signs in their eyes as their property values skyrocket, yet b**** about Wrigley, which is the reason why their property is worth so much.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 18, 2012 -> 05:54 AM)
...would have played Go Cubs Go had they won.

To this day, science hasn't been able to develop a pair of earplugs capable of drowning out that song.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Sep 18, 2012 -> 12:00 AM)
Ah, I was trying to remember if I was there, but I was there in 07 to witness Darin Erstad.

It's funny how the mind works. Without even trying, Darrin Erstad, Jerry Owens, Jerry Owens, Andy González, Jerry Owens, Andy González, Alex Cintron, Luis Terrero, Andy González, and Jerry Owens all seem to have been wiped from my memory. What an awful group of people that was. To think that they were all part of the same 25 man roster...that's impressively bad.