LET'S MAKE A LIST NOV-DEC '11

knightni

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought I had Warden Norton on my list, but I must have made a last minute change

I also voted for Plainview. I hoped he would have finished higher than an expected appearance by Anton Chugar. I liked There Will Be Blood more than No Country for Old Men, and should have won best picture.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Nov 30, 2011 -> 02:43 PM)
Knucks on Cruella.

Knucks to Milkman for matching my Samuel Norton nomination and for Hook, who I put 12.

My taste in everything is so eclectic that I have the top vote for different characters about ten times on each of these lists. I don't even know how it's possible.

Wicked Witch of the West is an interesting entry.

I've heard it argued that she's hardly a villain at all. Dorothy shows up, kills her sister, steals the shoes, then comes after her at the Wizard's demand.

The version told in Wicked is also pretty cool, even if you just read a plot summary, rather than the book/musical: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wicked:_The_L...tch_of_the_West

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Dec 1, 2011 -> 12:47 PM)
Wicked Witch of the West is an interesting entry.

I've heard it argued that she's hardly a villain at all. Dorothy shows up, kills her sister, steals the shoes, then comes after her at the Wizard's demand.

The version told in Wicked is also pretty cool, even if you just read a plot summary, rather than the book/musical: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wicked:_The_L...tch_of_the_West

I haven't read the books, but Wicked was an incredibly well written musical. The background story invented to go with the Wizard story was soooo well done. [turnsinmancard]

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 1, 2011 -> 01:49 PM)
I haven't read the books, but Wicked was an incredibly well written musical. The background story invented to go with the Wizard story was soooo well done. [turnsinmancard]

I think i'm taking my gf to that as a christmas gift. She's never been to Broadway and i've heard it has a good story to it.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Dec 1, 2011 -> 12:52 PM)
I think i'm taking my gf to that as a christmas gift. She's never been to Broadway and i've heard it has a good story to it.

The story line is grade A, even if you have to sit through a musical to get it. I would go back with the wife if it were in Chicago again. I think the only other musical I ever said that to was Tommy.

I never thought about it before, but what the hell is Gozer wearing?

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Dec 1, 2011 -> 12:39 PM)
Bleh. There are a thousand emotionless killer villains. He just stole Two Face's coin gimmick and added a woman's haircut.

I agree. It's another reason why I think others deserved the Oscar over Javier Bardem. I don't think it takes much acting talent to portray an emotionless killer. It's like the exact opposite of range.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Dec 1, 2011 -> 07:52 PM)

I did exactly that two years ago at Christmas, though not at Broadway. I don't really have any interest in musicals and the music itself wasn't my style, but the story kept my attention. A lot of quirky origin stories for Oz characters and little twists.