LET'S MAKE A LIST NOV-DEC '11

knightni

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Dec 8, 2011 -> 03:41 PM)
I haven't read the LOTR books, but I like the movies a lot. I never really thought of Sauron as a great villain. Does he have a lot more characterization and well, actually do something other than watch and order minions around in the books?

Before the LOTR books, he murdered the s*** out of everything.

And he's basically Satan.

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Dec 14, 2011 -> 08:01 AM)
Can anyone explain why they would rank Mike Myers much higher than Jason Voorhees? Is it just liking Halloween 1 better than any Friday the 13th? They seem like basically the same character.

There are about 25 total movies between the two of them. The only good one was the original Halloween, so that's probably why he's higher.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Dec 18, 2011 -> 06:38 PM)
For my money, still the scariest movie ever made.

Every once in a while I get surprised. Somehow I had forgotten the scene when they are diving on the scuttled boat and the head pops out the hold. I screamed like the little girl I am. :lolhitting

QUOTE (Tex @ Dec 19, 2011 -> 07:25 AM)
Every once in a while I get surprised. Somehow I had forgotten the scene when they are diving on the scuttled boat and the head pops out the hold. I screamed like the little girl I am. :lolhitting

That scene is definitely up there. I'd be lying if I said it didn't get me jumping after many viewings. The other part I love is the famous "you're gonna need a bigger boat" scene because I'm sitting there in anticipation waiting for the shark to pop up, but I can never seem to get the timing exactly right.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Dec 19, 2011 -> 10:45 AM)
That scene is definitely up there. I'd be lying if I said it didn't get me jumping after many viewings. The other part I love is the famous "you're gonna need a bigger boat" scene because I'm sitting there in anticipation waiting for the shark to pop up, but I can never seem to get the timing exactly right.

In the making of video there is a scene I really wish they could have made. Remember when the Harbor Master walks out of his office late at night? Well he was suppose to head over to the water to rinse his coffee cup. As he is bending over you see sailboats one at a time start rocking as the shark gets closer and closer. Then, well no more harbor master.

But, they did the two guys fishing with the roast instead, which is classic. Swim Charlie, swim!

QUOTE (Tex @ Dec 20, 2011 -> 10:05 AM)
In the making of video there is a scene I really wish they could have made. Remember when the Harbor Master walks out of his office late at night? Well he was suppose to head over to the water to rinse his coffee cup. As he is bending over you see sailboats one at a time start rocking as the shark gets closer and closer. Then, well no more harbor master.

But, they did the two guys fishing with the roast instead, which is classic. Swim Charlie, swim!

I don't think I remember the harbor master, but that sounds awesome. The roast scene is as suspenseful as it gets.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Dec 20, 2011 -> 11:12 AM)
I don't think I remember the harbor master, but that sounds awesome. The roast scene is as suspenseful as it gets.

He had on a stupid cap and smoked a pipe. He just kind of stood there smiling as everyone was trying to get their boats out of the harbor for shark fishing.