2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That deal is completely unrealistic but if it were to happen, I'd be completely on board. Pau is a very very good player and is both an offensive and defensive upgrade over Boozer. That said, I don't think Boozer is near as bad as most people would say but Pau is far better (imo). To get him for Boozer + Watson would be a great move.

I realize Watson is a very good backup pg, but I don't think we are losing a ton. If Rose isn't healthy, this team doesn't win a title, so while it is great to have that depth, the reality is, with Rose playing a lot, the Bulls can get by without Watson. However, in stretches where Rose is hurt in the regular season, we'd be at a big disadvantage.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 20, 2012 -> 10:55 AM)
That deal is completely unrealistic but if it were to happen, I'd be completely on board. Pau is a very very good player and is both an offensive and defensive upgrade over Boozer. That said, I don't think Boozer is near as bad as most people would say but Pau is far better (imo). To get him for Boozer + Watson would be a great move.

I realize Watson is a very good backup pg, but I don't think we are losing a ton. If Rose isn't healthy, this team doesn't win a title, so while it is great to have that depth, the reality is, with Rose playing a lot, the Bulls can get by without Watson. However, in stretches where Rose is hurt in the regular season, we'd be at a big disadvantage.

I actually have bought into Mike James and what he brings. If Watson was traded, I dont think it would be a huge dropoff between Watson and James.

The problem is always the dropoff between the backup PG and Lucas.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 20, 2012 -> 09:18 AM)
I actually have bought into Mike James and what he brings. If Watson was traded, I dont think it would be a huge dropoff between Watson and James.

Watson pisses me off as the starter. He takes some atrocious shots at times.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 20, 2012 -> 06:18 PM)

You guys are crazy. Watson has been a fantastic backup. He's no rose, but he consistently maintains or builds upon a lead.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 20, 2012 -> 10:55 AM)

I read this as "That deal is completely unrealistic and would never happen, but if it did it'd be cool."

Well, no s***.

QUOTE (bmags @ Feb 20, 2012 -> 03:06 PM)
You guys are crazy. Watson has been a fantastic backup. He's no rose, but he consistently maintains or builds upon a lead.

I didn't say I don't like Watson, I do. I'm just saying if he was traded away I would be comfortable with James as the primary backup, that's all. Anything but Lucas

QUOTE (bmags @ Feb 20, 2012 -> 05:23 PM)
Welcome to a message board.

It's akin to me saying I'd be alright with the Timberwolves trading Darko Milicic and Wes Johnson for Dwight Howard.

(to be fair, Boozer is far better than both Milicic and Johnson, but it doesn't mean that deal would be any more likely to happen)

QUOTE (Felix @ Feb 20, 2012 -> 03:54 PM)
It's akin to me saying I'd be alright with the Timberwolves trading Darko Milicic and Wes Johnson for Dwight Howard.

(to be fair, Boozer is far better than both Milicic and Johnson, but it doesn't mean that deal would be any more likely to happen)

I didn't write the article. It isn't like Sheridan is some hack.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 20, 2012 -> 07:16 PM)
I didn't write the article. It isn't like Sheridan is some hack.

Except if you actually READ the article (and not the headlines or spinoff rumors), it's clear that the rumor was started from Marca.com, which is less reputable than Sheridan himself. The only quote in the article that Sheridan got himself is from an unnamed source that said that Rose wouldn't have a problem with the Bulls trading for Gasol. Everything else (including the absurd idea that Boozer and Watson for Gasol might be enough) was pure speculation. It's a garbage article, just like 95% of the s*** that gets put up these days around the trade deadline.

QUOTE (Felix @ Feb 20, 2012 -> 05:27 PM)
Except if you actually READ the article (and not the headlines or spinoff rumors), it's clear that the rumor was started from Marca.com, which is less reputable than Sheridan himself. The only quote in the article that Sheridan got himself is from an unnamed source that said that Rose wouldn't have a problem with the Bulls trading for Gasol. Everything else (including the absurd idea that Boozer and Watson for Gasol might be enough) was pure speculation. It's a garbage article, just like 95% of the s*** that gets put up these days around the trade deadline.

That's on Sheridan for putting that garbage up than and even giving it legs.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 20, 2012 -> 07:29 PM)
That's on Sheridan for putting that garbage up than and even giving it legs.

Most definitely. It's a trash article and shouldn't be given a second thought by anyone that actually read it.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Feb 20, 2012 -> 08:32 PM)
looks like deron williams was a bit tired of the jeremy lin hype....36 pts, 6 ast, 4 rebs through 3 quarters

Probably the most impressive part of that is that he's only made one two pointer so far, but is 8/13 from three.