2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 15, 2012 -> 08:52 PM)
Building some minutes while trying to make sure he doesn't get hurt.

I dont know if the two are a direct correlation at all times, it didnt really seem to make a difference a month and a half ago when he returned and immediately injured his shoulder running into a defender. Sometimes s*** happens, no matter how much you micromanage it

Rip has to start playing. And he has to start playing more with Rose, and he has to start playing meaningful minutes.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 16, 2012 -> 07:40 AM)
I dont know if the two are a direct correlation at all times, it didnt really seem to make a difference a month and a half ago when he returned and immediately injured his shoulder running into a defender. Sometimes s*** happens, no matter how much you micromanage it

Rip has to start playing. And he has to start playing more with Rose, and he has to start playing meaningful minutes.

With all the time he's missed, for now, I have no problem with Korver and Brewer splitting the "Down the stretch minutes" until Hamilton's play demands them or Korver's shot stops falling and forces Thibs' hands.

If all that happens is Hamilton replaces Bogans's minutes in the first and third quarters against the Heat, that's still an upgrade over last year, hopefully.

I'll give Thibs benefit of the doubt on this rotation. Hamilton can't just be thrust into those minutes. When we signed him, we were probably hoping for 20-25 minutes a game from him. We haven't gotten that, but we can't try to balance it out by playing him more when healthy.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baske...0,1864442.story

AUBURN HILLS, Mich. — Luol Deng gutted through close to 45 minutes on Sunday, missing 7 of 8 shots and taking a painful shot to his right ribs from former teammate Ben Gordon that could affect Deng's status for Monday.

Even if it doesn't, coach Tom Thibodeau addressed Deng's minutes for the final six games as the forward continues to play through a torn ligament in his left wrist.

"He's getting time off in practice," Thibodeau said. "Maybe we should have him practice and give him the games off; I don't know."

Sources said Deng and Thibodeau have recently talked about his role down the stretch. Deng emphasized he wants "to keep in playing rhythm" but conceded some rest might be required, especially for the three remaining back-to-back sets of games.

Deng entered Sunday averaging a league-high 39.4 minutes per game.

"Don't forget he missed nine games," Thibodeau said. "If you studied his total minutes, you would see he has had plenty of rest this year."

Asked if Deng's offensive struggles on Sunday were a reflection of the need to rest the wrist, Thibodeau said:

"It's a valid question. I think for him, he knew this is what it would be like. Some days it's better than others. He still helps us a lot when he's not scoring. He rebounds, creates space on the floor because they don't leave him. We'll see how it goes."

Deng had eight rebounds.

Masked man: Thibodeau keeps hinting at playing those who have missed time to injury — read: Derrick Rose and Richard Hamilton — more. And then Hamilton keeps playing around 20 minutes.

Hamilton had 13 points but again sat the entire fourth quarter and overtime.

"For a guy who missed as much as he missed, he's actually playing better than I thought he would," Thibodeau said.

Part of the reason Hamilton keeps sitting is the impressive play of Kyle Korver, who scored 11 of his 13 points in the fourth quarter and overtime.

"He did it for us all last year too," Thibodeau said. "He's a big fourth-quarter player."

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 15, 2012 -> 08:48 PM)
They lost the game, but Carmelo has really shut up that Lin>>>>>Melo crowd recently.

Who on earth was saying this? There were people out there (me included) who thought the Knicks as a team were better with Lin than with Melo, but that was under D'Antoni's system and when Melo refused to play defense. Now the system has changed and defense has become a priority, even for Melo.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Apr 16, 2012 -> 10:19 AM)
Who on earth was saying this? There were people out there (me included) who thought the Knicks as a team were better with Lin than with Melo, but that was under D'Antoni's system and when Melo refused to play defense. Now the system has changed and defense has become a priority, even for Melo.

It is obvious to me that Melo isn't the type of player that can play with other stars. He needs it to be built around him, or he just isn't the same guy.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_...blink-back-wall

I was reading the most recent "Vinny Del Negro might lose his job" article on ESPN, and I found this quote amusing:

According to sources familiar with the Clippers thinking, there was some internal talk about whether to replace Del Negro midway through the season when they dropped 11 of 19 games.

According to a source familiar with Clippers thinking. LMAO, ESPN just loves their sources

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Apr 16, 2012 -> 10:19 AM)

Crazy thoughts like that were getting thrown out there by all kinds of people, especially when Melo first came back. Now he is showing that he's still a heck of a b-ball player. Now whether or not he will ever win in the NBA is another story.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 16, 2012 -> 10:27 AM)
It is obvious to me that Melo isn't the type of player that can play with other stars. He needs it to be built around him, or he just isn't the same guy.

Which is interesting since this recent run of his where he's playing at a high level comes after both Lin and Amare are out.

Here we go again...

Nick Friedell‏@ESPNChiBulls

Thibs: Deng is "most likely out" tonight. He didn't go through shootaround. Still sore after getting popped in the ribs last night.

Rose is a game time decision. He went through shootaround but has a new foot injury that is being checked out by team doctors as we speak

Thibs says Rose injured the foot last night. Derrick was limping through the hallways @unitedcenter. Looks like he may be out as well.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 16, 2012 -> 06:03 PM)
Here we go again...

Thibs: Deng is "most likely out" tonight. He didn't go through shootaround. Still sore after getting popped in the ribs last night.

Rose is a game time decision. He went through shootaround but has a new foot injury that is being checked out by team doctors as we speak

Thibs says Rose injured the foot last night. Derrick was limping through the hallways @unitedcenter. Looks like he may be out as well.

f***. And f*** the NBA players for agreeing this f***ing schedule.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 16, 2012 -> 06:03 PM)
Here we go again...

Jesus f***. Just retire already!

Bulls guard Derrick Rose suffered some undisclosed injury to his right foot in the game against Detroit Sunday and is being held out of the game against the Wizards on Monday. Rose played in only his second game back from a groin injury Sunday and scored 24 points. Rose has suffered injuries to his toe, back, groin and foot this season.
Jesus F***ing Christ.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Apr 16, 2012 -> 08:35 PM)
At what point do we seriously consider shutting him down, his career is more important then the title.

Hopefully these aren't "Related" injuries. If they are then you'd be right. If not...then this might be something we start seeing forever, that last year was his best season because his body can't take it. He wouldn't be the first.

I really dont watch the NBA until the playoffs but is it mostly the scheduling that is a big reason for all these injuries? So many stars are missing significant amount of time.

Why couldnt the NBA just do a 50-55 game schedule like they did for the last lockout? I'm guessing tv contracts/$$$ is the main reason for 66 games in 4 months time?

QUOTE (zenryan @ Apr 17, 2012 -> 08:30 AM)
I really dont watch the NBA until the playoffs but is it mostly the scheduling that is a big reason for all these injuries? So many stars are missing significant amount of time.

Why couldnt the NBA just do a 50-55 game schedule like they did for the last lockout? I'm guessing tv contracts/$$$ is the main reason for 66 games in 4 months time?

Exactly.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 16, 2012 -> 10:38 PM)
Well at least we know that the Wiz are just an MVP and an All-Star away from being a decent team.

I'm this close to losing hope with the Bulls this season and calling them a first round knockout.

Think of it, if you're playing the Bulls in the first round, the formula is pretty simple. 2 hard hits in game 1 on Derrick Rose and he misses the next 3 games. Then, you start swatting at Deng's wrist.