2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jan 24, 2012 -> 07:41 PM)
Carlos Boozer a couple of nights ago:

“Everybody asks me about my numbers,” Boozer said. “Who cares about numbers? Are you kidding me? We’re (15-3). That’s the number that matters. A lot of us could be averaging 25 points on another team if we got to shoot 25 times a night. But we’re balanced. And all that matters is our record. Our leaders are unselfish. Derrick could shoot any time he wanted to. He could be Allen Iverson and shoot 30 times a night. He doesn’t. That trickles down to the entire team.”

Just posting this because people seem to flip out when Boozer has 8 points on 7 attempts (in a win) like that actually means anything.

And that is why this team is good. They are a team. Not a group of individuals. They have no where near the talent level that Miami does. But they get that they sum of the parts is greater than the whole.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 25, 2012 -> 07:59 AM)
Because I am sure the Cavs owner is ready to take him back...

I meant more that a Cleveland reporter writing about Lebron being a selfish prick isn't exactly the most trustworthy piece of news given the audience he's writing for.

QUOTE (Felix @ Jan 24, 2012 -> 08:17 PM)
Maybe it's not officially true yet: @JerryZgoda I've done some checking w/ people I trust on report that Love has agreed to 4-yr, $62M and I have no indication right now that it's true...

I'd be pretty shocked if it didn't become true within the next 12 hours, though.

Deal is done. 4 years, but Love can opt out after 3. Seems fair enough.

Now we better use these next three years putting together a playoff contender around Love and Rubio.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jan 24, 2012 -> 07:41 PM)
Carlos Boozer a couple of nights ago:

“Everybody asks me about my numbers,” Boozer said. “Who cares about numbers? Are you kidding me? We’re (15-3). That’s the number that matters. A lot of us could be averaging 25 points on another team if we got to shoot 25 times a night. But we’re balanced. And all that matters is our record. Our leaders are unselfish. Derrick could shoot any time he wanted to. He could be Allen Iverson and shoot 30 times a night. He doesn’t. That trickles down to the entire team.”

Just posting this because people seem to flip out when Boozer has 8 points on 7 attempts (in a win) like that actually means anything.

This

W is the most important stat of all

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 25, 2012 -> 05:26 PM)
I'd say the playoff win against the Heat is more important than that. And if he is doing 12/8 against the Heat, that is a big contributor to not getting the W.

Yup. To be honest that's just a nice little built in excuse for Booze.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jan 25, 2012 -> 07:04 PM)
Yup. To be honest that's just a nice little built in excuse for Booze.

Especially now with Luol Deng out long term, he needs to score and rebound. He needs to selfishly put up numbers. There's just no way the team can put up wins when they start playing solid opponents if Boozer can't fill up the stat sheet more, not if Deng isn't there doing everything he was doing.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jan 25, 2012 -> 08:25 PM)
Considering they're 16-3 unhealthy. Think about that. SIXTEEN AND THREE

Not to burst any bubbles (because the Bulls have certainly played VERY well this season), but they're 27th in the NBA in strength of schedule and their last 10 games have been (by far) the easiest in the NBA. They've picked a good part of their schedule to be without some of their players, considering the level of competition they've faced recently.