2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Luol Deng will be out 'a while'

DEERFIELD, Ill. -- Chicago Bulls forward Luol Deng has a torn ligament in his left wrist and will be "out for a while," according to coach Tom Thibodeau.

"I know it's a bad injury, and it sounds terrible, but I'll be fine," Deng said.

Thibodeau said no surgery is planned, but it's still an option. The coach described him as "week to week."

Deng injured his wrist in the fourth quarter of the Bulls' win over the Charlotte Bobcats on Saturday night.

Deng, who is averaging 15.9 points and 7.5 rebounds for the league-leading Bulls, sat out Monday's win over the New Jersey Nets.

"He feels good about what the prognosis is," Thibodeau said.

It's the same injury -- except in the opposite wrist -- Deng suffered as a rookie in 2004-05, when he played 61 games and underwent surgery.

LeBron not happy with Miami?

there is talk that James is less-than-thrilled with certain aspects of the Heat organization. Sources in Miami say that while James still thoroughly enjoys playing alongside fellow stars Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh, he doesn’t particularly care for the heavy-handed and disciplined style of team president Pat Riley.

James can opt out of his contract at the end of the 2003-14 season, and speculation is he will strongly consider it if Riley remains in his current role. And the team James would be eyeballing most in free agency, say those close to the situation, would be the Cavs.

If the Heat dont win a title this year or next, people are going to start getting restless.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 24, 2012 -> 11:53 AM)
Ricky Rubio's shooting is starting to resemble what many predicted... erratic. But man, does that dude have vision.

He's definitely not a dead eye shooter. The nice thing, however, is that even when his shot isn't dropping, he still has the confidence to take the ball to the rim.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jan 24, 2012 -> 01:06 PM)
He should take a page out of the early in his career Jason Kidd and not shoot...I have no doubt he'll improve but Steve Nash he's not nor ever be.

He's shooting less than Kidd ever did for the vast majority of his career (save the last four seasons).

I still think the Kidd comparison is a much, much, much, much better comparison for Rubio's actual performance than Nash.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 24, 2012 -> 04:21 PM)
Keep in mind that's a Cleveland writer...

Then again, if Lebron bolts Miami for Cleveland, he is the wayward son come home, Cleveland rejoice. If he goes elsewhere, he rubberstamps his ring-chasing-Megastar-for-hire image.

I doubt LBJ and the Heat go ringless these next few years, too damn talented not to.

About Deng, the Bulls will be ok, you could move Rip to SF and have Brewer as SG, you don't really lose much on D because Ronnie can play the better offensive threat of the opposing SG or SF.

Please, someone remind TT we have Jimmy Butler on the roster!

As long as Lu is healthy come playoffs time, I'm not worried (he could also get some rest because Thibs loves riding him hard).

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

Carlos Boozer a couple of nights ago:

“Everybody asks me about my numbers,” Boozer said. “Who cares about numbers? Are you kidding me? We’re (15-3). That’s the number that matters. A lot of us could be averaging 25 points on another team if we got to shoot 25 times a night. But we’re balanced. And all that matters is our record. Our leaders are unselfish. Derrick could shoot any time he wanted to. He could be Allen Iverson and shoot 30 times a night. He doesn’t. That trickles down to the entire team.”

Just posting this because people seem to flip out when Boozer has 8 points on 7 attempts (in a win) like that actually means anything.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jan 24, 2012 -> 08:18 PM)
Looking at early mock drafts, there don't seem to be any good SG options around the end of the 1st round for the Bulls to take.

Plus, with the way that the Bobcats are going, the Bulls won't get to use that pick until 2016.

LeBryan Nash intrigues me.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 24, 2012 -> 10:20 PM)
How the f*** did Carmelo score 1 point in 30 minutes against the Bobcats? And Bosh looks like Raptors Bosh since Wade's been out.

They beat the Cavs by 7 at home. This, after losing to the Bucks at home.