Catch-All Anything Thread

knightni

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 10, 2012 -> 01:57 PM)
When you show up for 10am apt at 945, and doctor doesn't see you until after noon, that apt should be on the house. Just sayin.

Agreed, that's just disrespectful. I understand the doctor needing to keep a full schedule for insurance reasons but a 2 hour wait is just wrong.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 11, 2012 -> 07:51 AM)
A couple of massive earthquakes this morning off of Indonesia, and 8.6 and an 8.2. Seems like no major tsunami's, but last time around it took days before anyone really could appreciate the scope of what happened.

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/rec...aps/10/95_0.php

They are already saying the initial quake, and the 8.2 aftershock were strike-slip and not thrust quakes, which is good.

Has anyone ever had to deal with foxes living in your backyard (in my case, under my shed)?

When I came home last night around 9ish, I saw a mother fox with about 4 or 5 babies in my backyard. Then this morning around 5ish, I saw two of the babies playing in the backyard with a dead rabbit.

I've called two animal control centers....one basically just told me it would cost $175 to set a trap, and $100 per catch. The second one was much more helpful, and said having a fox issue is "a good thing because it helps keep other pests away". However, since i have a puppy, i obviously don't want the fox or it's pups around us. So, this guy told me to put ammonia on a rag, and place it near by the den around sunset, which should get the mother and it's babies to relocate.

I'm just wondering if anyone has tried this before?

Anybody with DirecTV having trouble with MLB Network? The picture is pixelating and is not clear. It's not my TV or like that on any other channels.

Ironic that you mention that on yesterday of all days, as yesterday is the day I was finally able to get rid of DirecTV because the local cable company finally agreed to carry MLB Network. I've made few phone calls as enjoyable as the one telling DirecTV where they can stick their product.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/04/12/...E83B11O20120412

I was just in 3 Financial Center for work last month, and walked through 1 and 2. Freaky.

Historical photos showing the construction of the Titanic as well as the aftermath of its sinking. Slideshow

Suspicious package prompts evacuation of New York financial building

NEW YORK | Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:07pm EDT

(Reuters) - A suspicious package that appeared to contain a grenade was found at 2 World Financial Center on Thursday morning, prompting an evacuation of the building, police said.

The evacuation was prompted around 11 a.m. EDT after an x-ray of a package at the building appeared to reveal a grenade inside, New York City Police Department spokesman Paul Browne said. The police department's bomb squad is at the scene.

Two World Financial Center was severely damaged by the falling debris when the World Trade Center towers collapsed in the September 11, 2001, attacks on New York. The building had to be closed for repairs until May 2002 as a result of the damage.

(Reporting By Michelle Nichols and Barbara Goldberg; Editing by Vicki Allen)

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Apr 12, 2012 -> 09:00 PM)
Went to a sports trivia night at a bar tonight and brought my sister so I wouldn't have to go alone. I won. Not sure if that's a good thing.

Did you take your sister to the prom as well? ZING!

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Apr 12, 2012 -> 11:29 PM)
:lolhitting All my damn friends bailed on me or didn't want to go this week because it was sports only.

I was actually coming into this thread to rant and you gave me a nice lead in so thanks...

Speaking of friends that bail...I'm not sure what annoys me more the fact that my one buddy and I can't find one other person that wants to go out on a Saturday night or the fact that the same buddy and I can't find one other damn person that wants to get off their lazy f***in ass and go shoot some hoops.

I love my friends to death but god damn it we're 24 and 25, stop being so f***in old.

/rantover

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Apr 15, 2012 -> 12:28 PM)
I was actually coming into this thread to rant and you gave me a nice lead in so thanks...

Speaking of friends that bail...I'm not sure what annoys me more the fact that my one buddy and I can't find one other person that wants to go out on a Saturday night or the fact that the same buddy and I can't find one other damn person that wants to get off their lazy f***in ass and go shoot some hoops.

I love my friends to death but god damn it we're 24 and 25, stop being so f***in old.

/rantover

This post amuses me. That is all.

http://www.gazette.com/articles/car-136910...l#ixzz1sAVBFLDH

MARIA ST.LOUIS-SANCHEZ

The Gazette

“Help me, I’m cold.”

Those were the words that Traci Gilbert heard about 2:15 a.m. Sunday morning when she opened her door to find a 3-year-old covered in snow and sleet.

Minutes earlier, the toddler had been inside a white Chrysler New Yorker sedan driven by his father that had been left running outside of a 7-Eleven convenience store at 331 S. Hancock St. When his father Anthony Pettiford left the car, someone jumped inside and drove off with the boy inside, Colorado Springs Police say.

Gilbert said the car thief left the boy in the cold about four blocks away — outside her home. The thief gave the boy a plastic bag that held a container of soy milk, a sippy cup, two diapers, wipes and pajama bottoms.

Through snow and sleet, the boy carried the bag up the 14 slick steps to Gilbert’s second-story duplex apartment, knocked on the door and rang the bell. The sound of the bell woke Gilbert up and, at that time of night, put her on edge.

Read more: http://www.gazette.com/articles/car-136910...l#ixzz1sCRrYekb

Any idea why 5 (2, then 3 more 10 mins later) huge black military choppers flew over Chicago heading west? It was pretty damn loud, not normally something you'd see.

Edit: 2 more just flew by.

Edited by IlliniKrush

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 16, 2012 -> 07:43 PM)
I saw them too (but only 3 so i assumed that it was testing for Obama), my guess is something with NATO and going over routes etc.

I would bet on NATO as well. There is some big time prep going into this.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Apr 16, 2012 -> 08:10 PM)
Any idea why 5 (2, then 3 more 10 mins later) huge black military choppers flew over Chicago heading west? It was pretty damn loud, not normally something you'd see.

Edit: 2 more just flew by.

QUOTE (forrestg @ Apr 16, 2012 -> 08:42 PM)
Wasting gas?

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 16, 2012 -> 08:43 PM)
I saw them too (but only 3 so i assumed that it was testing for Obama), my guess is something with NATO and going over routes etc.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 16, 2012 -> 08:57 PM)
I would bet on NATO as well. There is some big time prep going into this.

http://www.therepublic.com/view/story/4568...itary-Training/

http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20120416/news/704169751/

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Apr 17, 2012 -> 07:50 AM)
Wow, that sucks. Hope things turn out OK, and please keep us updated.

No phone, shoes, or glasses when she went missing from her home at 4 AM on Sunday.

Someone thought they saw her at the mall, called her name, she sped up. I saw her add a friend on FB last night at 4 AM, but nothing else.

Things are very fishy, but she doesn't have a car and because she turned 16 ten days ago, no Amber Alerts.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Apr 17, 2012 -> 12:46 PM)
No phone, shoes, or glasses when she went missing from her home at 4 AM on Sunday.

Someone thought they saw her at the mall, called her name, she sped up. I saw her add a friend on FB last night at 4 AM, but nothing else.

Things are very fishy, but she doesn't have a car and because she turned 16 ten days ago, no Amber Alerts.

Could she have run away with a boy?