Catch-All Anything Thread

knightni

F*** this, I'm hiding under my desk.

Edit: Jesus ****ing ****. My office is about 30 yards from Neyland stadium, and I flat out couldn't see the stadium there for about 2 minutes out the windows.

This is becoming an everyday occurrence.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 2, 2012 -> 04:45 PM)
F*** this, I'm hiding under my desk.

Edit: Jesus ****ing ****. My office is about 30 yards from Neyland stadium, and I flat out couldn't see the stadium there for about 2 minutes out the windows.

This is becoming an everyday occurrence.

Did a moonshine still blow up?

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Apr 2, 2012 -> 07:44 PM)
Did a moonshine still blow up?

We call this "climate change". This is 2 days in a row of hail now. Turns out today were doing flash floods, like 3 inches of rain in an hour in a slow moving cell.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Apr 2, 2012 -> 10:25 AM)
Exactly. A written document with signatures and even photocopies of the tickets purchased. Hell, I'd even make two people go to buy the tickets to have a witness.

We do the photocopies to everyone on the buy list.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 2, 2012 -> 07:54 PM)
We call this "climate change". This is 2 days in a row of hail now. Turns out today were doing flash floods, like 3 inches of rain in an hour in a slow moving cell.

Looks like DFW getting the hammer now, Arlington area specifically, also eastern suburbs of DFW area.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 3, 2012 -> 03:00 PM)
Looks like DFW getting the hammer now, Arlington area specifically, also eastern suburbs of DFW area.

I bet the Ballpark in Arlington takes on just enough damage to make Opening Day not happen.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 3, 2012 -> 03:00 PM)

The tornado was about 2 miles north west of the plant I work at. The funny thing was you could hear the entire storm from even where I was... it wasn't the "MOMMA A FREIGHT TRAINS AC OMIN" sound, but it was a constant roar, almost like a low end thunder roll that kept going and going. I was standing outside watching the wall cloud but where our plant is we are in a bit of a recession so I couldn't see it. Our VP GM comes out of the parking lot and told me to hop in and we'd go take a look.

We get out to the highway and damn, huge wall cloud and tornado was right in front of us. He snapped a pic and we got the hell out of there.

On the way back home, the neighborhood we were at was pretty much destroyed and the place we were on the highway had house debris all over it (roof decking, frames, etc.) and the trees were all snapped off.

I pray for those people, they are going to have a rough night.

And out of all this, no one got severely injured. It could have been really bad because these weren't rope tornados, they were pretty big ones.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Apr 3, 2012 -> 09:40 PM)
The tornado was about 2 miles north west of the plant I work at. The funny thing was you could hear the entire storm from even where I was... it wasn't the "MOMMA A FREIGHT TRAINS AC OMIN" sound, but it was a constant roar, almost like a low end thunder roll that kept going and going. I was standing outside watching the wall cloud but where our plant is we are in a bit of a recession so I couldn't see it. Our VP GM comes out of the parking lot and told me to hop in and we'd go take a look.

We get out to the highway and damn, huge wall cloud and tornado was right in front of us. He snapped a pic and we got the hell out of there.

On the way back home, the neighborhood we were at was pretty much destroyed and the place we were on the highway had house debris all over it (roof decking, frames, etc.) and the trees were all snapped off.

I pray for those people, they are going to have a rough night.

And out of all this, no one got severely injured. It could have been really bad because these weren't rope tornados, they were pretty big ones.

Glad to hear you're okay. Hopefully we won't get hit here again tomorrow.

I was standing outside watching the wall cloud but where our plant is we are in a bit of a recession so I couldn't see it.

I've seen Obama's economic policies blamed for a lot of things, but I think this is going a bit far.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Apr 5, 2012 -> 06:49 AM)
I've seen Obama's economic policies blamed for a lot of things, but I think this is going a bit far.

I see what you did there. :lol:

It's kind of weird going home every night seeing all the cop cars trying to protect the neighborhood. I don't understand why people are so stupid (looters, etc.)

So that crazy chick from Maryland who claimed to have the Mega Millions ticket was a liar. 3 Maryland public school employees came forward anonymously and claimed the ticket, $35 million each. Still waiting for the winner from Southern Illinois, who cannot remain anonymous.

So that crazy chick from Maryland who claimed to have the Mega Millions ticket was a liar. 3 Maryland public school employees came forward anonymously and claimed the ticket, $35 million each. Still waiting for the winner from Southern Illinois, who cannot remain anonymous.

No matter what the state's lottery laws are, you can have an attorney claim the winnings on your behalf and you are protected by attorney-client privilege.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 10, 2012 -> 07:31 AM)

They've also reportedly said they're going to keep teaching.

A construction worker was killed on 130th n Torrance yesterday when a cable off a beam snapped and killed him instantly. Sad thing was, it was an old landlord of mine, and just one of the nicest guys I've met (my mother's very good friend) and he was trying to go back to his old job on the CTA but the "higher ups" wouldn't let him. Just goes to show you never know when it's your time to go. Just had a baby as well... :(