2012 Films Thread

knightni

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Dec 3, 2012 -> 09:36 AM)
I thought it was good, but not as good as the first two Daniel Craig movies. It seems to be getting outstanding reviews, but I just don't see it.

Wow really? I thought Quantum of Solace was one of the worst Bond movies ever. I liked this one because it was dark, more emotional, and Bardem kicked the crap out of the baddie role.

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Dec 3, 2012 -> 10:36 AM)
I thought it was good, but not as good as the first two Daniel Craig movies. It seems to be getting outstanding reviews, but I just don't see it.

Someone commented that James Bond was now

Batman. Dead parents, angry, has home destroyed by criminal, struggles like the common man, etc.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 3, 2012 -> 03:47 PM)
MAN-OF-STEEL-HANDCUFFS.jpg

I feel like there's very little chance this movie doesn't suck.

I'm with you. The teasers are lame and Snyder still hasn't made an enjoyable movie for me.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Dec 4, 2012 -> 10:15 PM)
Too lazy to see if this has already been posted...

lmfao. i watched dark knight rises again today but this time on blu ray and much like the first time i watched it, i couldnt get over how ridiculous bane's voice sounded. the rest of the movie is neat but.. dat voice!! i just couldnt take him seriously as a villain. Bane sounded like he should be commentating on a fine game of cricket, not terrorizing gotham.

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Dec 4, 2012 -> 10:38 PM)
lmfao. i watched dark knight rises again today but this time on blu ray and much like the first time i watched it, i couldnt get over how ridiculous bane's voice sounded. the rest of the movie is neat but.. dat voice!! i just couldnt take him seriously as a villain. Bane sounded like he should be commentating on a fine game of cricket, not terrorizing gotham.

I adore Bane's voice, and find it to be just the right amount of creepy and different.

That trilogy is my favorite trilogy in history.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 5, 2012 -> 08:43 AM)
I adore Bane's voice, and find it to be just the right amount of creepy and different.

That trilogy is my favorite trilogy in history.

From the very first time I heard that voice, I couldn't get over how much it sounded like Sean Connery. It's awesome. Bane as a villain grew on me. I was a little underwhelmed by the choice leading up to the first time I saw the film, and even after my first viewing, but it was well done and pretty memorable.

QUOTE (qwerty @ Dec 5, 2012 -> 03:38 PM)
Can't understand why people think that.

Because in 99.9% of written Batman storylines, Batman (Bruce Wayne) has a steadfast rule to... not kill people?

I don't see what's so hard to understand.

Hell, the first movie of the series, Batman could easily kill Ra's Al-Ghul, gets challenged on his "rule" and says something to the tune of "I won't kill you... but I don't have to save you."

And then you know like decades of comics and storylines and all that.

Frank Miller decided to have Batman kill the Joker in "The Dark Knight Returns", which pissed people off - but for the most part he doesn't kill people, asdfgh.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 3, 2012 -> 03:47 PM)
MAN-OF-STEEL-HANDCUFFS.jpg

I feel like there's very little chance this movie doesn't suck.

If only because Diane Lane is Ma Kent. Diane Lane is my age. I've wanted to f*** her for a long time. I've never quite had those feelings about Ma Kent.

Pitch Perfect isn't as bad as I thought it might be...pretty good little flick, actually.

Anna Kendrick is growing on me, over time. And "Fat Amy" continues to ascend in niche roles.

Diane Lane is my age. I've wanted to f*** her for a long time. I've never quite had those feelings about Ma Kent.

Yeah, someone older than me. Can't believe she's 48. Actually, she's one of the few actresses that has weathered her 40's and is actually getting stronger, or at least not declining.

Ten or fifteen years ago, it really seemed like Meg Ryan and Julia Roberts would be on top of the world forever and look where they are now, not that anyone's feeling sorry for them.

I also remember a period of time when you couldn't watch a movie or tv show without seeing Helen Hunt. Nice to see her career "comeback" with The Sessions, which is getting a lot of award buzz as we head into Golden Globes/Academy Awards season.

Edited by caulfield12