2012 TV Thread

knightni

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Oct 8, 2012 -> 10:02 PM)
Those scenes with the kid in the house. Took so long, I felt myself looking at my phone a lot more than during Dexter or Homeland.

Agree to disagree, I guess. Boardwalk just continues to nail it. I was kinda disappointed in Season 2 as a whole, really. It finished well, but started poorly, I thought. They've just been bringing it this year.

When Rosetti is just standing amidst the carnage and says, "I think I'll f*** the redhead," flicks his cigarette and walks away? Awesome.

Boardwalk - Great. I'll agree with Joe that it was a LITTLE slow with those cellar scenes, but that was all a perfect set up for the "oh s***!" moment at the end.

Homeland - I lot of coincidences for that episode to work, but I'll allow it. Another great episode and I love that they dropped the hammer with that Brody video in episode 2. Changes the whole focus for season 2.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Oct 9, 2012 -> 12:15 PM)
No, not those. I love anything with Capone in it. I meant the "kid" who turned out to be 19 that was stealing booze, Those scenes in the cellar with Nucky seemed to drag on.

Gotcha. I was seriously questioning your taste there for a minute. But as was stated, it was all a setup for Nucky to do what he did.

Edited by Milkman delivers

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Oct 9, 2012 -> 02:49 PM)
Yeah, it all made sense in the end, because they were definitely setting up for a "come work for me" type situation.

Yeah they did a good job of keeping you guessing which way it would go. About 2/3 of the way through I had a feeling he was dead, and then once he took out the cigarettes, he was toast. I honestly don't think even Nucky knew he was going to kill him until he pulled out cigarettes and felt lied to. That's what I got from the scene, anyway.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Oct 9, 2012 -> 10:34 PM)
Yeah they did a good job of keeping you guessing which way it would go. About 2/3 of the way through I had a feeling he was dead, and then once he took out the cigarettes, he was toast. I honestly don't think even Nucky knew he was going to kill him until he pulled out cigarettes and felt lied to. That's what I got from the scene, anyway.

The first time he gave him a cigarette I figured he was dead right there, then the whole series of scenes in the basement it seemed they were getting close and when they watched him sleep it seemed like they were going to let him live. Then when they were upstairs and talking I figured he would for sure let him go, then he again pulled out a cigarette and I thought, "Oh s***, maybe he will kill him", and then BANG, dead kid.

Caught up with last weeks Revolution and The Last Resort. I think Revolution is actually getting better each week. I've said before the flashbacks are a really cool story telling device, and they're using them well. Getting the back story of these characters, and some of what they had to go through after the black out, really adds to the show.

The Last Resort....meh. I want to like it, but the idea is just so ridiculous. And they hit the heavy with the XO's relationship way too early. Lots of crying and i'm left thinking "I don't care about this, someone blow some s*** up."

It's Always Sunny was actually pretty damn funny last night, but the main event (The League) blew it away. That show is ridonk.

Also, they smartly advertised "The Greatest Event in Television History" during The League, so I watched it.

http://theclicker.today.com/_news/2012/10/...adam-scott?lite

It was really funny, only 15 minutes.