2012 TV Thread

knightni

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Sep 26, 2012 -> 10:52 AM)
I'm close to tapping out, but I think i'll give it another episode or two. It's not terrible, but i'm just not engaged either. I do appreciate the effort to tell a story like Lost, using flashbacks and last-minute-of-the-episode reveals. But as others have said, Charlie is pretty terrible as a lead.

Caught up on Boardwalk last night. I love the new character Rosetti. "I've got a gun, you've got a gun, he's got a gun...we've all got guns!" I thought the series would suffer without Jimmy, but so far so good.

watching Jericho and Revolution at the same time... hands down Jericho was better in every single way - it just suffered from being on TV the same time as Lost. Really a bummer.

And you're absolutely right about Charlie. I was wondering if it was just because I'm an actor - but I'm glad other people recognize how terrible she is. Blows my mind that with all the talented people out there (EVEN TALENTED YOUNG PEOPLE) networks constantly do s*** like this. Unless the relationships get better and the writing gets better, this show's headed the same place as Terra Nova. :P

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Sep 18, 2012 -> 03:25 PM)
Did anyone watch Revolution? I have it dvrd and am going to give it a shot when I get home.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Sep 25, 2012 -> 11:34 AM)
Revolution is looking more and more like Jericho part II every day.

I heard something about one of the episodes being named after and/or filmed in my hometown in Central IL? Anyone catch this?

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 25, 2012 -> 10:04 PM)
Brickleberry was pretty decent.

Looks like a one season show to me.

Boardwalk nails it again. Bobby Cannavale has been brilliant. They keep this up, there are Emmys in the future.

I really have no idea where Van Alden is going. You have to think he's going to end up with O'Banion. At least his "wife" is apparently happy with him. Same goes for Eli -- can't tell where the character is headed.

Homeland with a solid premiere. Not gonna lie though, Carrie can annoy me sometimes.

Edited by farmteam

Dexter was crazy. I honestly have no idea what to expect.

Homeland was sweet. I think the daughter is going to become a Muslim too.

Boardwalk was solid. I still can't seem to remember how the hell Van Alden got shacked up with that woman. I don't remember her at all. Also, I hate that there are so many characters that we only see a handful of them every other episode. Last time it was no Eli, or Van Alden, or Harrow. This time it's no Rothstein, Al Capone, or Chalky.

Edited by JoeCoolMan24

Agreed with the above. Seems like Dexter, after two years, is legit again. I thought they would drag some stuff out all year but nope. They hit the ground running.

I was so tired watching Homeland that I fell asleep with ten minutes left. Have to watch it when I get off work.

I love how the Quinn/Deb angry love lost story was squashed immediately. I hated that.

The guy that made the serial killer video game, I cant figure out if he is actually on to Dexter, or if he just is messing with the wrong guy and he doesnt know it. Im tending to lean towards the latter, but him cancelling Dexters credit cards is pretty bad. He will end up on Dexters table, he is going to do something stupid.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 1, 2012 -> 07:18 AM)
I love how the Quinn/Deb angry love lost story was squashed immediately. I hated that.

Didnt they have closure on that last year after he slept with the witness?

I wonder if the video game guy is a little psychotic and is messing with Dexter because he shot down his video game and will find out that he is messig with the wrong guy. Who knows.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 1, 2012 -> 07:37 AM)
Didnt they have closure on that last year after he slept with the witness?

I wonder if the video game guy is a little psychotic and is messing with Dexter because he shot down his video game and will find out that he is messig with the wrong guy. Who knows.

I never felt like there was closure, i just felt like it kept dragging on and on and he was just the lovelost ex boyfriend.

And yea, I feel like that guy is angry at Dexter for shooting down his videogame. But I think he might do something bad to Batista's sister

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Oct 1, 2012 -> 12:35 AM)
Boardwalk was solid. I still can't seem to remember how the hell Van Alden got shacked up with that woman. I don't remember her at all. Also, I hate that there are so many characters that we only see a handful of them every other episode. Last time it was no Eli, or Van Alden, or Harrow. This time it's no Rothstein, Al Capone, or Chalky.

She was the nanny after Lucy took off. They fled to Chicago together after it was found out that he killed Sesbo.

This whole thing with Van Alden is perfect. They're showing him get away with more and more, and having him realize that it's basically socially acceptable to be the bad guy. Hell, even seeing him cut loose and enjoy getting laid shows him changing. It's going to be awesome with the payoff of him becoming an enforcer.

It's like they have a writer for every single character on that show, and one guy to sew those different stories together. No show has ever had this many amazing characters.

And I hope that scene with Nucky, Mickey, and Richard leads to Richard having a more regular and defined role in Nucky's organization.

QUOTE (Jake @ Sep 30, 2012 -> 10:16 PM)
I heard something about one of the episodes being named after and/or filmed in my hometown in Central IL? Anyone catch this?

Looks like a one season show to me.

I don't think it was the name of an episode, but they did travel to Pontiac, Illinois. They made it look like a swampy forest which was odd.

Caught Last Resort. I'll stick with it, even though the premise is pretty laughable. "You're the captain, no YOU'RE the captain!"

Boardwalk was excellent. More greatness from Gyp. The scene with Richard, Mickey (that guy is great, see) and Nucky was fantastic. I'm getting a little tired of Margaret's story line though. Something needs to happen there and soon. I go to my phone/tablet when she comes on screen which sucks because she was a great character the first two seasons.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 3, 2012 -> 12:31 PM)
I'm starting to think that SOA sucks now.

Seasons 3 and 4 were so bad that I haven't even thought about watching the new season. Glad to hear that's been justified.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Oct 3, 2012 -> 10:25 AM)
Ill probably go the whole season with Revolution. I enjoy it and the acting doesnt really bother me as I think the focus is beginning to shift to Miles.

Ya I like Revolution too.

On a sidenote for the reality tv show fans, I figured Id give Survivor a shot since I love BB, not a fan, though I will keep watching because the blonde is smokin hot.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 3, 2012 -> 12:31 PM)
I'm starting to think that SOA sucks now.

QUOTE (Felix @ Oct 3, 2012 -> 07:45 PM)
Seasons 3 and 4 were so bad that I haven't even thought about watching the new season. Glad to hear that's been justified.

LOL.

This season has been good so far, way better than seasons 3 and 4. Multiple posters stating that. You took the one negative in the thread an said you're glad that's been justified. LOL.