2012 TV Thread

knightni

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 25, 2012 -> 09:15 PM)
2 episodes of Revolution and I'm tapping out.

Vegas has been pretty dull thus far.

I'm close to tapping out, but I think i'll give it another episode or two. It's not terrible, but i'm just not engaged either. I do appreciate the effort to tell a story like Lost, using flashbacks and last-minute-of-the-episode reveals. But as others have said, Charlie is pretty terrible as a lead.

Caught up on Boardwalk last night. I love the new character Rosetti. "I've got a gun, you've got a gun, he's got a gun...we've all got guns!" I thought the series would suffer without Jimmy, but so far so good.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Sep 26, 2012 -> 10:52 AM)
I'm close to tapping out, but I think i'll give it another episode or two. It's not terrible, but i'm just not engaged either. I do appreciate the effort to tell a story like Lost, using flashbacks and last-minute-of-the-episode reveals. But as others have said, Charlie is pretty terrible as a lead.

Caught up on Boardwalk last night. I love the new character Rosetti. "I've got a gun, you've got a gun, he's got a gun...we've all got guns!" I thought the series would suffer without Jimmy, but so far so good.

I just don't get why shows/movies keep doing this one mistake: putting a child/teen into a leading role. Besides GOT, I have yet to see a consistent, stellar performance out of multiple young leads. They typically just flat out aren't talented/experienced enough to make those dramatic scenes/personalities feel remotely real.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Sep 26, 2012 -> 11:13 AM)
I just don't get why shows/movies keep doing this one mistake: putting a child/teen into a leading role. Besides GOT, I have yet to see a consistent, stellar performance out of multiple young leads. They typically just flat out aren't talented/experienced enough to make those dramatic scenes/personalities feel remotely real.

Family Matters

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 26, 2012 -> 09:59 AM)
Haven't watched an episode yet, but it seems like the same old thing. Characters do what progresses the plot, not what the character would actually do.

If you're talking about SOA, what Opie did is what the character would do.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Sep 26, 2012 -> 11:59 AM)
If you're talking about SOA, what Opie did is what the character would do.

Opie pretty much was done, he admitted to Lyla that he didn't love anything (at least from what I could understand in that convo). He wanted an out, and he saved the one guy that could do something to the guy that ruined his life and family.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Sep 26, 2012 -> 01:00 PM)
Opie pretty much was done, he admitted to Lyla that he didn't love anything (at least from what I could understand in that convo). He wanted an out, and he saved the one guy that could do something to the guy that ruined his life and family.

Opie hasn't been quite all there ever since his wife died. He came back a little bit when he shot agent Stahl but he was kinda non-existent last season. The storyline of his second marriage seemed to die really quick. I think the death of his dad just pushed him over.

That said, the show and the club won't be the same without him.

I'm still waiting for them to build onto the storyline of Clay sending the nomads to stage the home invasion and attack of Unser.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Sep 26, 2012 -> 11:52 AM)

I'll stick with it a couple more episodes because I love the premise. First episode was alright but the second episode did almost nothing to advance the plot and the acting is just so bad. Also, Charlie is starting to remind me or Lori and Carl, which is not a good thing.

This is old but ive been watching every single episode of Batman: The Animated Series, and its amazing how freaking awesome it is still. I remember watching episodes when i was in second grade in 92', I guess i was lucky to have high quality cartoons like that instead of the stuff they shove down kids throats these days.

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 27, 2012 -> 10:30 PM)
Really enjoyed LAST RESORT. CGI kinda sucks but still.

I really enjoyed it last night as well. Andre Braugher makes anything better.

I'm about the start the first season of Deadwood. Cant' wait.

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 29, 2012 -> 06:25 PM)
Anyone here watch REVENGE.? The first season is on Netflix streaming and gonna start DVRing season 2 if I like it.

As long as you don't look at it too seriously, Revenge is a pretty good show.