Another White Sox / Blue Jays trade on the horizon?

striker

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jan 5, 2012 -> 07:55 PM)
Honestly man, I have no idea what you're talking about half the time :lol:

According to a random samplilng of 98 people at Applebee's in Mission, KS, last night....a full 71% understood a majority of my posts at SoxTalk, especially the ones concerning the subject of Ozzie Guillen.

Sheesh, ANOTHER trade with Toronto? Why couldn't they just do one supe-trade?

If the Sox trade Floyd to Toronto, I hope they get a worthy package such as Deck McGuire, Drew Hutchison, and Jake Marisnick. I'm a HUGE fan of Drew Hutchison, I think he's an underrated prospect that will be a solid major league pitcher. And for a player like Floyd, with a team-friendly contract, we better get a much better package back than what the sox got in the Santos and Frasor trades.

C'mon Kenny Williams!!! Listen to me! If you trade Floyd, get a package such as McGuire, Hutchison, and Marisnick back!

I'm very intrigued to see what happens. I love me some gavin Floyd but for the right price and McGuire and Drabek would qualify as that, I'd be happy. I would also fully endorse the Sox turning around and spending some of that money. I also fully expect the Sox will deal Peavy and Thornton at some point this year, Thorty probably sooner than later.

I think Peavy is going to kick ass and actually be a pretty valuable trade chip, one that teams will be okay observing cash (specifically a team in contention who wouldn't be in the position to take long-term cash but could suck it up for one post-season run).

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jan 5, 2012 -> 08:23 PM)
deckmcguire Deck McGuire

“@seancole22: @AndrewStoeten how come @deckmcguire is tweeting like he has been traded?” I haven't been. People have been spreading rumors!

3 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

For now

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jan 5, 2012 -> 09:23 PM)
deckmcguire Deck McGuire

“@seancole22: @AndrewStoeten how come @deckmcguire is tweeting like he has been traded?” I haven't been. People have been spreading rumors!

3 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Kenny has that effect on people.

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Jan 5, 2012 -> 09:10 PM)
I could see Thornton and Gavin going to the Jays for Drabek/McGuire...that seems realistic does it not?

I don't know that they need to add Thornton...eventually you reach the point of diminishing returns and when you're trying to keep your payroll below $70 million or so you can't load up all THAT much on your bullpen.