Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a Bears fan, the Packers are obviously the team I hate the most out of every NFL team, stemming from their long rivalry but at the same time, I respect their organization, they play football the right way (well, except for that Charles Martin incident), the Lions on the other hand, I have no respect for the way they play, especially Suh, they tolerate that garbage.It wasn't hard rooting for the Packers yesterday and I woukd've loved the Packers shutting out those bastards at home...the Lions are now my most hated NFL team until they go back to being irrelevant again.

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Nov 25, 2011 -> 06:43 PM)
Bears now have tiebreaker over Detroit and will be in no worse than 2nd wildcard spot even if they lose Sunday.

That'll come down to the Bears having to beat Minnesota and the Lions losing to the Packers when they match up again (and IIRC that is week 17).

QUOTE (The Gooch @ Nov 26, 2011 -> 04:41 PM)
Does both have to happen or just one?

To be completely technical, both the Bears and Lions have 2 division games remaining. The Bears go to GB week 16 and to Minnesota Week 17. The Lions have Minnesota at home next week and at Green Bay Week 17.

The Bears basically need to "Match" the Lions on this one. If they win both their games, that's it. If they lose 1 or both of those division games, they need the Lions to do the same.

Today I am the beneficiary of the Colts absolutely sucking this year, as the Louisville FOX station is choosing to air Bears-Raiders instead of Colts-Panthers.

First time since I've lived here that either the Colts or Bengals were not shown except when being in conflict with each other.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 26, 2011 -> 02:24 PM)
you think they do that? he has been a pretty big part of the defense hasnt he?

He's been solid this year, but not great.

I think he will probably get suspended a game or two. This is the first time he's been in trouble. I think.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Nov 27, 2011 -> 04:31 PM)
The Bears need to call a screen play and get the ball into Forte's hands other ways. Cant be so predictable.

That's the problem with not permitting audibles. They load the box and there's nothing anyone can do but wait for the play to fail.