Official 2012-2013 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 13, 2012 -> 06:10 PM)
The 4th quarter and overtime was as much of a joke as you'll see in college football.

Without question.

I wanna punch Holtz.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 13, 2012 -> 06:16 PM)
With WVU and Geno losing, watch the media push for Te'o for Heisman now. He probably wasn't even one of the 3 best defensive players on the field today (Nix, Tuitt, Chase Thomas).

If Suh didn't win the Heisman, I don't see Te'o winning it. It's so hard for a defensive player to win. There would have to be no standout players on offense. Besides, if Griffin can win at Baylor then Geno can win with WVU picking up 2-3 losses.

@MikePereira

We

have looked at ND/STA last play from every angle & feel that it is a

TD. Progress was not ruled & runner was not down. Ball broke plain.

‏@MikePereira

The

fact that the whistle may or may not have been blown is irrelevant. The

play is reviewed and when the whistle blew has no bearing.

@MikePereira

People are saying progress is not reviewable. It is in relation to a first down or the goal line.

@MikePereira

The hit on Golson was not helmet to helmet. It was upper arm to helmet, which to me is not a foul.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 13, 2012 -> 06:55 PM)
@MikePereira

The hit on Golson was not helmet to helmet. It was upper arm to helmet, which to me is not a foul.

Thanks for sharing. The TD call was obvious, but this one also bothered me live. I thought live that was absurd and the replay confirmed. The QB was not down, however, it looked a bit dirty because he was definitely going down. Regardless, it was legal. ND got every questionable or close call down the stretch. It was beyond belief.

Yeah, when the refs decide a game like they did for Notre Dame it is isn't whining to point out that they were a joke.

Not being able to get half a yard in three plays is a joke, and pointing things out about the refs is for losers.