Official 2012-2013 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 6, 2012 -> 09:58 PM)
How would it be tainted? Dee & Deron may have been paid, just like their opponents in the national championship game were? I'm sure that all of those 6 NBA draft picks on UNC were clean too.

Luther Head was stealing from fellow students? Does that taint your Final Four run?

Would your memory suddenly forget the elite 8 game vs. Arizona like it never happened? Doubtful.

Stealing a laptop, not exactly crossing my line.

It wouldn't be like it never happened, but it would sure change how I view that team. It'd be like knowing Frank took steroids now. Sure change how you look at him, no?

That's just me. I guess I have too much pride in Illinois and am not about dirtying up the program to win.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Oct 6, 2012 -> 11:22 PM)
Stealing a laptop, not exactly crossing my line.

It wouldn't be like it never happened, but it would sure change how I view that team. It'd be like knowing Frank took steroids now. Sure change how you look at him, no?

That's just me. I guess I have too much pride in Illinois and am not about dirtying up the program to win.

Glad to know theft is within your bounds. When they get caught doing something you will rationalize it as not a big deal like everyone else. Outside of PSU and maybe USC SMU and tha U violations aren't something that taints victories.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 6, 2012 -> 11:45 PM)
Glad to know theft is within your bounds. When they get caught doing something you will rationalize it as not a big deal like everyone else. Outside of PSU and maybe USC SMU and tha U violations aren't something that taints victories.

Really the only 1 thats going to stick is PSU, and that is something completely unrelated to paying recruits etc.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 6, 2012 -> 11:45 PM)

LOL. Stealing a laptop is on the same level as paying players and their families? Hey good for you then.

Have you read what I posted already? No, I wouldn't rationalize anything they get caught for, but thanks for telling me what I would or would not do.

The schools you mentioned, that's a lot of the stuff I was talking about, so I don't really get your point.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Oct 7, 2012 -> 09:48 AM)
LOL. Stealing a laptop is on the same level as paying players and their families? Hey good for you then.

Have you read what I posted already? No, I wouldn't rationalize anything they get caught for, but thanks for telling me what I would or would not do.

The schools you mentioned, that's a lot of the stuff I was talking about, so I don't really get your point.

No it's not, one is actually illegal. I've read what you posted, good for your foresight. However if Illinois ever won a national title and a player was determined to have taken money or "benefits" I suspect it won't taint the title for ou at all. Just my opinion, I'm not telling you what to do at all.

Ha, Iowa State is marketing this weekend's KSU-ISU game as Farmageddon - finally adopting the informal nickname it got four years ago.

Anyways, TCU rivals Baylor for worst fan support I've seen in the Big 12. Certainly better than places I've been to like UCONN, but still awful.

Part of me wants to believe that we can go into Baton Rouge, at night, and beat a pretty average LSU offensive team..

Then the other part of me remembers that Les Miles has lost 1 home night game ever.....and that was to the 2009 BCS champion Florida team.

This one is going to test my heart, Saturday night.

QUOTE (Capn12 @ Oct 10, 2012 -> 04:34 AM)
Part of me wants to believe that we can go into Baton Rouge, at night, and beat a pretty average LSU offensive team..

Then the other part of me remembers that Les Miles has lost 1 home night game ever.....and that was to the 2009 BCS champion Florida team.

This one is going to test my heart, Saturday night.

I definitely know what you mean about playing a night game in Death Valley, though I still think SC wins this one. But yeah, Les Miles always seems to find ways to win so it should be a good game. Btw, thanks for the beatdown y'all put on Georgia. I loved it.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Oct 10, 2012 -> 05:20 PM)
I definitely know what you mean about playing a night game in Death Valley, though I still think SC wins this one. But yeah, Les Miles always seems to find ways to win so it should be a good game. Btw, thanks for the beatdown y'all put on Georgia. I loved it.

We find a way to beat LSU, then there is the HUGE game at Florida for what amounts to the SEC East title. That is no slight towards Tennessee, but thats our last conference road game, and a win in both of them would most likely be the division.

Ya'll have a good game I'm looking forward to this week. I mean, Miss St looks pretty decent, but part of me always thinks that Tennessee will handle Miss St, regardless of where it is.

QUOTE (Capn12 @ Oct 10, 2012 -> 04:03 PM)
We find a way to beat LSU, then there is the HUGE game at Florida for what amounts to the SEC East title. That is no slight towards Tennessee, but thats our last conference road game, and a win in both of them would most likely be the division.

Ya'll have a good game I'm looking forward to this week. I mean, Miss St looks pretty decent, but part of me always thinks that Tennessee will handle Miss St, regardless of where it is.

No, I know. With 2 SEC losses already, we don't stand much of a chance to win the East. It would take a miracle.

And I'm right there with you about our game. It should be good, but I like our chances a lot. While Miss St is 5-0, they haven't really played anyone good this year so I'm not sure how much I believe in them. But, night games on the road in the SEC are always tough, so I won't be too over-confident.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 10, 2012 -> 01:35 PM)
Looks like I may be going down to Bloomington aka Columbus West

You've been down there before, I assume?

And the one time Ohio State played at Indiana when I was there (2010 I think) there were so many Ohio State fans it was absurd. It's not like IU football is a hard ticket to get. The rumor is that whenever IU wants to take an aerial picture of the football stadium they do it when we play Ohio State, because it is the only time the stadium will be full and everyone will be in red. I have no idea if it's true or not, but it's definitely plausible.

As for the game tonight, I'm obviously not expecting to win. If we can put together an entire game and keep it competitive, that will keep me from getting upset. I also want to see them play with some chippiness; you'd think the way we blew the game last week would give them some motivation. If we had Roberson still, I'd say our chances of winning would be about 10-15%. Now, they're at about 3%.

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 13, 2012 -> 03:06 PM)
Why can no one catch the ball vs Notre Dame this year? They have the best dropped ball defense I've ever seen.

And awful Qb play from other teams. Irish fans will be more unbearable if they win this.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 13, 2012 -> 10:40 PM)
Shoulder to helmet is a personal foul?

Shaw was livid. At least ND got to now go to their Criminal Formation. Seems like replacement refs are doing this game after that spotting of the ball earlier in the 4th quarter.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 13, 2012 -> 05:40 PM)
Shaw was livid. At least ND got to now go to their Criminal Formation. Seems like replacement refs are doing this game after that spotting of the ball earlier in the 4th quarter.

That was awful but didnt end up mattering much.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 13, 2012 -> 11:55 PM)
That was awful but didnt end up mattering much.

If you want to take that two yards literally, it ended up costing them first and goal on the 1. Credit to ND though, they've made every play they've had to on 3rd downs the last quarter and OT.

Edited by fathom