Official 2012-2013 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Oct 3, 2012 -> 04:09 AM)
Yeah, I probably would. But it wasn't a woman. It was a guy. And as weird as it is to teabag a complete stranger, I still don't know if he deserves jail time. Anyway, just a lesson for everyone else out there. Don't be stupid.

What if it was a homeless man that did it and not some dumbass drunk college kid.

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 3, 2012 -> 11:07 AM)
What if it was a homeless man that did it and not some dumbass drunk college kid.

What's with all the "what if's" people are throwing out there? We can do this all day, but I still think a 2 year sentence for that guy is over the top.

Anyway, back to actual college football talk...

I think this is a pretty cool chart. Shows 120 teams and their offensive turnover per play ratio. I'd like to see this broken down defensively too.

http://www.coachingsearch.com/home/1358-ch...-per-play-.html

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Oct 3, 2012 -> 05:44 PM)
What's with all the "what if's" people are throwing out there? We can do this all day, but I still think a 2 year sentence for that guy is over the top.

Anyway, back to actual college football talk...

I think this is a pretty cool chart. Shows 120 teams and their offensive turnover per play ratio. I'd like to see this broken down defensively too.

http://www.coachingsearch.com/home/1358-ch...-per-play-.html

Because I think peoples perceptions change when it's someone they relate to. It seems extreme because he's just some dumb drunk college kid that did something stupid, which we all did when we were that age. But that act is despicable, especially to do to a stranger. If it was some homeless dude doing it to someone on the train I don't think anyone would bat an eye.

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 3, 2012 -> 01:44 PM)
Because I think peoples perceptions change when it's someone they relate to. It seems extreme because he's just some dumb drunk college kid that did something stupid, which we all did when we were that age. But that act is despicable, especially to do to a stranger. If it was some homeless dude doing it to someone on the train I don't think anyone would bat an eye.

I think pranks are fine but I don't feel much sympathy for a guy who rubs his junk on a complete stranger drunk or sober... 2 years seems a bit harsh but they said he prob be in a bootcamp program which would make it 120 days if he completes that or if he chooses regular prison still out within a year.

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 3, 2012 -> 01:44 PM)

Why do people keep saying he's some "college kid"?

Dude is 33 years old. He's a grown ass man.

This isn't a case of some drunk 20 year old kid making a bad drunk choice. This is, again, a grown ass man.

And if he's doing this at 33, he's probably a pretty big dbag in real life. Not that being a dbag should get you thrown in jail for 2 years, but he's probably had it coming. And it's a 2 year sentence, they said he'll probably be released in 9 months.

QUOTE (SexiAlexei @ Oct 3, 2012 -> 01:57 PM)
Why do people keep saying he's some "college kid"?

Dude is 33 years old. He's a grown ass man.

This isn't a case of some drunk 20 year old kid making a bad drunk choice. This is, again, a grown ass man.

And if he's doing this at 33, he's probably a pretty big dbag in real life. Not that being a dbag should get you thrown in jail for 2 years, but he's probably had it coming. And it's a 2 year sentence, they said he'll probably be released in 9 months.

As long as he can keep his balls to himself

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Oct 3, 2012 -> 08:10 AM)
Illini football sure does bring the LOLz.

Naturally they were all out last night Saturday night anyway

I don't mean this as a slam, but it got me thinking. Do they still get special treatment after a 28 point loss to La. Tech? Can the underage players still drink at a bar? I mean there has to be a point where they go from celebrities to being an embarrassment.

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 4, 2012 -> 01:34 PM)
Mizzou star Frosh Dorian Green-Beckham arrested for marijuana possession last night, suspended for Vanderbilt game.

Welcome to the SEC?

Really not a surprise. Either was the brand new navigator he was driving.

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 5, 2012 -> 12:16 PM)
"white 2004 Lincoln Navigator"

Our boosters must suck.

LOL, I read it was a 2011. That shows how much road you have to cover before you can compete in the SEC. Trent Richardson had a brand new lincoln AND 2k rims, AND free suits, AND, a free apt full of Jordans.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 5, 2012 -> 01:30 PM)
I guess you don't want to compete for national championships? Cause that's the way to the BCS title.

I don't want to either. All "Illinois sucks" jokes aside, I'd rather play it clean (or at least clean compared to the big cheaters) and not have to possibly face terrible sanctions later on.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Oct 5, 2012 -> 02:18 PM)
I don't want to either. All "Illinois sucks" jokes aside, I'd rather play it clean (or at least clean compared to the big cheaters) and not have to possibly face terrible sanctions later on.

f*** playing it clean. What we have right now is almost as bad as sanctions. I'd rather experience a few amazing years followed by some terrible ones (due to sanctions) instead of all terrible ones.

Getting blown out by La Tech at home, Penn State (a team with sanctions), and ASU on the road (admittedly not a bad team) isn't fun to watch. Even if we did it the "right way".

QUOTE (Boogua @ Oct 5, 2012 -> 02:32 PM)
f*** playing it clean. What we have right now is almost as bad as sanctions. I'd rather experience a few amazing years followed by some terrible ones (due to sanctions) instead of all terrible ones.

Getting blown out by La Tech at home, Penn State (a team with sanctions), and ASU on the road (admittedly not a bad team) isn't fun to watch. Even if we did it the "right way".

You clearly view Illinois as a sports first school, I don't.

Do you feel the same way about your bball team?

QUOTE (Boogua @ Oct 5, 2012 -> 02:42 PM)
Apparently there is no middle ground. Fair enough.

Getting heavy sanctions on your sports programs has a direct effect on your school's image.

I'd rather the school/donors invest in legal and NCAA allowed methods, such as facilities, coaches, etc. Do things the right way, no matter what.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Oct 5, 2012 -> 02:45 PM)
Getting heavy sanctions on your sports programs has a direct effect on your school's image.

I'd rather the school/donors invest in legal and NCAA allowed methods, such as facilities, coaches, etc. Do things the right way, no matter what.

Yeah, USCs academic prestige took a huge hit the whole Bush thing. Same with tOSU and the tattoo scandal. Miami and little Luke.

I understand what you're saying, but it's really not that black and white.

I'm not that into Illini football, but I would take a few years of Calipari in a heartbeat just for one stinkin national championship in basketball. Sanctions be damned, I want to win the NCAA title just once please.