Official 2012-2013 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Sep 29, 2012 -> 01:06 PM)
This Illinois team is unbelievably good. Explosive offense, brick wall defense, and special teams that would put the Bears to shame.

It's tough to watch this year and I'm pissed we didn't keep our defensive coordinator from Zook's squad. It's football so have to give him at least 2 years but disappointing season.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Sep 29, 2012 -> 01:15 PM)
It's tough to watch this year and I'm pissed we didn't keep our defensive coordinator from Zook's squad. It's football so have to give him at least 2 years but disappointing season.

The defensive coordinator wanted to leave.

IU coming back against Northwestern. They were down 27-0 in the 3rd quarter, now down 37-29 with 14:06 left in the 4th. I'd feel better about this, but I think everyone makes a 2nd half comeback against Northwestern.

I'm happy he subbed in Sudfeld, he's had some great deep balls today.

Illinois is a terrible combination of a bad defensive coaching staff and no talent on offense thanks to Zook's recruiting being a joke his last few years at Illinois. Zook needed to be fired but Beckman is looking like a terrible hire. He is no different than Zook as a coach. I am sick of having "football guys" as our coach. Find someone with an actual brain to be the coach. At some point ADs will realize that the coaches that win the most tend to also be the most intelligent. They aren't just rah rah guys like Zook and Beckman.

NU needs to use Colter at WR more often...I missed the first half, were they using him there a lot or was it just that drive?

EDIT wow Colter 137 Rush yards, 131 Recieving...for the QB, love this guy

and he does it again as i type another 35 yards rushing and his 4th TD

Edited by 2nd_city_saint787

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Sep 29, 2012 -> 02:08 PM)
I'm shocked at how bad Illinois looks. I don't think their talent level is any less than Penn St. I just think they were completely out-coached. That doesn't bode well for Beckman.

The talent level on offense is non-existent. Scheelhaase is a bad QB, our offensive line is really bad and banged up, and the receivers are below average. The offense was always going to be bad but there is no excuse for the defense to look this awful.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Sep 29, 2012 -> 08:00 AM)
I don't remember Hawaii ever having a 6-6, 7-5 type season. Seems like they're usually 2-10 and then out of nowhere they have a 11-1 season.

Actually, it's the opposite. They haven't been 2-10 or bad in a while and three of the last five years they've finished with 6 or 7 wins. They've made 7 bowls since 2002. It's the WAC, but they've been a fairly consistent program.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Sep 29, 2012 -> 02:58 PM)
If that was the case he would of left from the get go and it wouldn't of been a drawn out process, he pretty much was uninvited by Beckman.

I don't think either of us are close enough to the program to know that. All I know is that he was offered the job from the get go, and he decided to go elsewhere.

Beckman has been looking very poor in the coaching department so far, but I think a lot of people overestimate where Zook left the team as well.