Official 2012-2013 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/...adium-ambulance

LINCOLN, Neb. -- Nebraska coach Bo Pelini left Saturday's game against Arkansas State by ambulance after falling ill on the sideline in the first half.

A member of the Nebraska medical staff was seen checking Pelini's pulse in the first half, but he continued on the sideline until halftime. Pelini didn't come out with the team for the third quarter.

The Cornhuskers led Arkansas State 28-3 at half. Defensive coordinator John Papuchis took over as acting head coach.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Sep 15, 2012 -> 11:08 PM)
Wisconsin gets bailed out by one of the weakest offensive pass interference calls in the history of football. The Big 10 should just close up shop this year because it is garbage.

That might be an understatement.

Pac-12 may be the best conference. SEC isnt deep at all, really top heavy this season. Big 10, ACC, Big East all suck.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Sep 15, 2012 -> 10:31 PM)
Pac-12 may be the best conference. SEC isnt deep at all, really top heavy this season. Big 10, ACC, Big East all suck.

Hey Mizzou beat Arizona State! Does that matter at all?

Amazing finish in the Ball State-Indiana game. Get a big gain with 1 second left to hit the game winning FG. That's why I love college football, even if neither of those teams are good.

Side note: Colorado gave up 55 in a half to Fresno State. Holy crap.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Sep 15, 2012 -> 10:08 PM)
Wisconsin gets bailed out by one of the weakest offensive pass interference calls in the history of football. The Big 10 should just close up shop this year because it is garbage.

Yeah, that was a joke. Also LOL at Bielema for taking a completely stupid time out during that sequence as well. Luckily they got a punt return TD, because the offense was terrible again.

If Wisconsin is really this bad, anyone can win that division (OK, maybe not Indiana).

BYU-Utah just had the weirdest ending possible. BYU was down 3 on the 34 with 8 seconds left. Pass gets tipped, falls incomplete and Utah fans rush the field. They review it and put one second back, clear the field. BYU kicks at 51 yarder, it gets blocked, fans rush again. The fans (and Utah players) rushed before the ball was dead. Refs call a 15 yard penalty and give BYU another play. This time they kick from 36 and the kicker hits the post.

It would have been amazing to see BYU force OT after Utah's fans blew the win by rushing early.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Sep 15, 2012 -> 10:53 PM)
Hey Mizzou beat Arizona State! Does that matter at all?

Amazing finish in the Ball State-Indiana game. Get a big gain with 1 second left to hit the game winning FG. That's why I love college football, even if neither of those teams are good.

Side note: Colorado gave up 55 in a half to Fresno State. Holy crap.

The refs in the Mizzou-ASU game were god awful. I didn't know half the penalties they called existed.

Every conference sucks balls if you look at it as closely as we look at the Big Ten. The SEC has lost to western Kentucky and Louisiana Monroe or whatever they are two weeks in a row. Arkansas has fallen off the map. Outside of Bama I don't see much in college football this year.

Wisconsin's play calling is terrible right now. I would have fire Canada after the first game, but hopefully he can understand that when you have the largest line you run straight ahead, instead of calling a ton of counters and slow developing run plays that quick teams blow up.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Sep 16, 2012 -> 10:33 AM)
Wisconsin's play calling is terrible right now. I would have fire Canada after the first game, but hopefully he can understand that when you have the largest line you run straight ahead, instead of calling a ton of counters and slow developing run plays that quick teams blow up.

I'm starting to think Chryst>Bielema

Bielema is a defensive coach, and the Wisconsin defense has actually been better than I would have expected. The big problem here is that Bielema made a questionable hire for OC (Canda runs a spread so there were a lot of questions about how that would fit) and now it seems the offense is in complete disarry.

They just have no rhythm and cant stretch the field at all. Im not sure if Stave is starting next week, but it doesnt help that the wrs are terrible now that Abberderis is injured.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Sep 16, 2012 -> 11:47 AM)
Bielema is a defensive coach, and the Wisconsin defense has actually been better than I would have expected. The big problem here is that Bielema made a questionable hire for OC (Canda runs a spread so there were a lot of questions about how that would fit) and now it seems the offense is in complete disarry.

They just have no rhythm and cant stretch the field at all. Im not sure if Stave is starting next week, but it doesnt help that the wrs are terrible now that Abberderis is injured.

pitt just looked so...Wisconsin yesterday. Good O-Line play, timely passes. Wisconsin looked like the badgers of several years ago, defensively sound with almost nothing but up the gut running plays.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Sep 16, 2012 -> 12:58 PM)
Prior to yesterday Chryst wasnt exactly setting the world on fire either haha. It was a good relationship, Wisconsin lost a lot of offensive coaches and its just not clicking.

1 more game to figure it out before the real season starts.

Well given their side of the division, they really have 9 games to figure it out.