Official 2012-2013 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (zenryan @ Sep 8, 2012 -> 11:00 PM)
Big 10 might not want to go west unless its the actual Rose Bowl game.

I don't know what the hell UofI is doing with their QBs. Today I learned that our third QB's name is Osei. Unfortunately he had to throw a couple picks for me to learn his name...I don't like injuries.

QUOTE (Jake @ Sep 8, 2012 -> 11:05 PM)
I don't know what the hell UofI is doing with their QBs. Today I learned that our third QB's name is Osei. Unfortunately he had to throw a couple picks for me to learn his name...I don't like injuries.

It could be worse. You could be an Arkansas fan who just found out that Brandon Allen is their backup QB. (No, not that Brandon Allen)

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Sep 9, 2012 -> 04:06 AM)
It's way too early but from watching the first 2 games I almost think we might have downgraded with this coaching staff... At least Zook could recruit.

2 games with a brand new staff and scheme in place, yeah seems like a logical time to make that assessment.

It's way too early but from watching the first 2 games I almost think we might have downgraded with this coaching staff... At least Zook could recruit.

Unbelievable.

Well first of all the Western Michigan game was excellent on the coaching side compared to Zook.

Recruit? He's been here for half a class.

BTW, go check some of the commits he has in the 2013 and 2014 class.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Sep 9, 2012 -> 12:46 PM)
ESPN Gameday is coming to Knoxville! And we're finally ranked again for the first time since '08. Ugh, it's been a long, tough road to get back there. Can't wait.

I'd go hang out in the morning crowd...but I'd be wearing Indiana stuff and people would laugh at me.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Sep 9, 2012 -> 09:13 AM)
Unbelievable.

Well first of all the Western Michigan game was excellent on the coaching side compared to Zook.

Recruit? He's been here for half a class.

BTW, go check some of the commits he has in the 2013 and 2014 class.

The recruiting comment was more of a statement on Zooks ability to get top talent despite results. West Michigan was a hack team and the team we just got destroyed by probably ends the year unranked.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Sep 9, 2012 -> 02:02 PM)
The recruiting comment was more of a statement on Zooks ability to get top talent despite results. West Michigan was a hack team and the team we just got destroyed by probably ends the year unranked.

Great, we have someone who can recruit but can't coach. If you want Zook, you need to stop watching football.

You're uneducated on Western Michigan (and first game for this entire team and staff, and it was a W).

Last night set up to get beat, period. That offense is good. They could be ranked at some point.

Whatever, fans like you are why coaches have zero chance.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Sep 9, 2012 -> 03:51 PM)
Great, we have someone who can recruit but can't coach. If you want Zook, you need to stop watching football.

You're uneducated on Western Michigan (and first game for this entire team and staff, and it was a W).

Last night set up to get beat, period. That offense is good. They could be ranked at some point.

Whatever, fans like you are why coaches have zero chance.

Yes, because I said fire the staff. Unless something happens or the coaching is beyond horrific he should get at least 3 years. Only Illinois fans think Western Michigan is any good and it is funny.

With Zook we had a .500 team with NFL talent and a coach who kept you on your toes.

Now we have a .500 team with mediocre talent and a boring coach.

Advantage Zook.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 9, 2012 -> 04:59 PM)
With Zook we had a .500 team with NFL talent and a coach who kept you on your toes.

Now we have a .500 team with mediocre talent and a boring coach.

Advantage Zook.

This has to be sarcasm, there's just no way a sane person can see it this way.