Official 2012-2013 NCAA Football Thread

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Sep 23, 2012 -> 09:18 AM)
Not sure what you're trying to say here, but I really, really hope it's not putting blame on the kid.

It seemed like he was saying more than just the coach at fault, but I think it is fair the kid knew the conditions as well. It is very sad none the less and definitely gave everyone a negative view of the current ND coach and his staff.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chimpy2121 @ Sep 23, 2012 -> 09:51 AM)
The cut off jersey Wilder was rocking was awesome.

It felt like the 1999 Noles all over again. Wilder is going to be one hell of a back if he sticks around. The guy is so hard to take down. His legs are like tree trunks. There are so many times where it looks like he's going down and then he just plants his foot and stays up. He'll be one hell of a back in the NFL one day.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Sep 23, 2012 -> 09:49 AM)
It seemed like he was saying more than just the coach at fault, but I think it is fair the kid knew the conditions as well. It is very sad none the less and definitely gave everyone a negative view of the current ND coach and his staff.

"I'm not going up there, too much wind coach!"

"Get the f*** out of here kid, get up there or you're fired."

You're throwing that much pressure on some college kid who loves ND football and wants to be part of the team, etc. Decision not exactly in his hands.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Sep 23, 2012 -> 02:18 PM)
Not sure what you're trying to say here, but I really, really hope it's not putting blame on the kid.

I didn't take it as he was blaming the kid, but all the others who had him go up there.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Sep 23, 2012 -> 02:49 PM)

Yeah, he was scared going up there from his Tweet on the issue. I wish he would have been physically unable to go up there, throwing up in fear, etc. No reason that life should have been lost. Can you imagine losing a human life over a bad football team needing its practice filmed? And all the lives he'd have helped bring into this world with his future wife? And all the good he could have done had he become a doctor like his mom, etc? Over football? Geez.

Edited by greg775

Notre Dame has a Top 5 defense and Manti Te'o is the best player in college football.

However, despite two interceptions by his own quarterback and four by the opposing quarterback, Brian Kelly still thinks that running ability is the most important trait in a quarterback. Every play that Golson plays over Rees is a terrible mistake, and Kelly needs to discover something called a play action pass. If he can learn those two things, ND is a very likely BCS bowl team and has a reasonable shot at playing Alabama in the title game.

"I'm not going up there, too much wind coach!"

"Get the f*** out of here kid, get up there or you're fired."

You're throwing that much pressure on some college kid who loves ND football and wants to be part of the team, etc. Decision not exactly in his hands.

Well, Kelly and the kid never talked directly, but that was the gist of the message sent through a third party.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Sep 23, 2012 -> 07:29 PM)
Notre Dame has a Top 5 defense and Manti Te'o is the best player in college football.

However, despite two interceptions by his own quarterback and four by the opposing quarterback, Brian Kelly still thinks that running ability is the most important trait in a quarterback. Every play that Golson plays over Rees is a terrible mistake, and Kelly needs to discover something called a play action pass. If he can learn those two things, ND is a very likely BCS bowl team and has a reasonable shot at playing Alabama in the title game.

With their lackluster offense and their brutal schedule, there's no way they'll play Alabama in the title game, and I still think it's going to be really tough to play in a BCS game. They'd need MAJOR offensive improvement. Besides the Navy game, it hasn't impressed.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Sep 22, 2012 -> 09:06 PM)
Refs bail out Tennessee. Amazing how refs can overturn calls that show no visual evidence to do so.

Huh? I honestly don't know what you're talking about. I was at the game and the only reviewed play that was close actually went the other way and gave Akron the ball.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Sep 23, 2012 -> 09:42 PM)
Huh? I honestly don't know what you're talking about. I was at the game and the only reviewed play that was close actually went the other way and gave Akron the ball.

Find a way to sack up and beat the puppies in Athens, please. It'd make my day to see Tennessee take them out at their place, then have them come to Columbia and get beat 2 weeks in a row!

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Sep 23, 2012 -> 09:42 PM)

When the game was tied at 23 with 8 minutes left in the 3rd. Fumble where Akron got the ball but was given back to Tennessee after the review even after there was no indisputable evidence to say it wasnt a fumble.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Sep 24, 2012 -> 07:08 AM)
When the game was tied at 23 with 8 minutes left in the 3rd. Fumble where Akron got the ball but was given back to Tennessee after the review even after there was no indisputable evidence to say it wasnt a fumble.

Ah okay. I thought it looked like a good call, but like I said, I was at the game so we only got one look at it on the jumbotron. Wouldn't have mattered anyway. There was no way Akron was coming out of their with a win.

QUOTE (Capn12 @ Sep 24, 2012 -> 05:23 AM)
Find a way to sack up and beat the puppies in Athens, please. It'd make my day to see Tennessee take them out at their place, then have them come to Columbia and get beat 2 weeks in a row!

I sure hope they do. I'm going to Athens for the game and it would be great to see us pull off the upset. Georgia always has a let-down game every year, so I'm hoping this is the one. With that said, Georgia has looked awfully good so far. That defense is awesome. If we aren't able to run the ball, I don't think we have a chance.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Sep 23, 2012 -> 08:29 PM)

No way does ND has a shot at playing for the title. Their offense will cost them a game or two and we still don't know how good their defense is.

And if they did play Alabama for the title, that would be a severe beatdown. We saw Alabama b**** slap Michigan around the field and ND had to sweat it out.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Sep 23, 2012 -> 07:32 PM)
Well, Kelly and the kid never talked directly, but that was the gist of the message sent through a third party.

Biggest issue is the video coordinator should have known better, but the head coach/director of operations also should have been cognizant of what was going on.

Obviously, this is a big deal to me, being as it's exactly what I do.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Sep 24, 2012 -> 06:27 PM)
Biggest issue is the video coordinator should have known better, but the head coach/director of operations also should have been cognizant of what was going on.

Obviously, this is a big deal to me, being as it's exactly what I do.

No, Kelly should have known better. He's responsible for everything on, and pertaining to, that football field and practice. The end.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 25, 2012 -> 08:59 AM)
Larry Lage ‏@LarryLage

#NotreDame has notified #Michigan it is exercising a 3-year out in their contract, meaning their last scheduled game will bein 2014

Wow, I feel like someone mentioned that previously but was rebuffed by an ND fan.

QUOTE (Capn12 @ Sep 24, 2012 -> 12:23 PM)

Good game on Saturday. Sadly it looks like our offensive line and special teams will prevent us from having any sort of year. BUt I guess over the long run, getting young guys experience at oline is good. Special teams however, holy s*** they need work.

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 25, 2012 -> 05:41 PM)
Good game on Saturday. Sadly it looks like our offensive line and special teams will prevent us from having any sort of year. BUt I guess over the long run, getting young guys experience at oline is good. Special teams however, holy s*** they need work.

I gotta say, its kinda weird. Our(South Carolina) special teams have been ANYTHING but special, but they looked fantastic against Mizzou. Your QB, Franklin, baffles me. He looks FAR too relaxed and patient back there, it is very odd. I do think that Mizz has the chance to win some East games, the defensive gameplan against Mizz was fantastic for us. I know he is capable of far more than that though, he looked indifferent while in the game.

QUOTE (Capn12 @ Sep 25, 2012 -> 05:18 PM)
I gotta say, its kinda weird. Our(South Carolina) special teams have been ANYTHING but special, but they looked fantastic against Mizzou. Your QB, Franklin, baffles me. He looks FAR too relaxed and patient back there, it is very odd. I do think that Mizz has the chance to win some East games, the defensive gameplan against Mizz was fantastic for us. I know he is capable of far more than that though, he looked indifferent while in the game.

One snap it looked like he just started walking casually after hiking the ball, you would of thought the play was dead just was weird.

QUOTE (Capn12 @ Sep 25, 2012 -> 05:18 PM)

I feel the same way about Franklin. I've never seen a QB look more nonchalant when receiving the snap. It kind of bothers me actually.