2012-2013 NFL Thread

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 12, 2012 -> 09:34 AM)
I don't think there was any indication that he was having any symptoms until halftime so I doubt it.

This is troubling though. That's concussion #6 I believe for Cutler. Gotta wonder at what point he says I'm gonna go make babies with my hot wife and not be a vegetable the rest of my life.

And who knows about college

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Nov 12, 2012 -> 09:38 AM)
I doubt he plays next Monday. With a history of concussions and playing the 49ers. Might be smart to sit him out.

I agree. Apparently, Josh McCown will be re-signed today, presumably to be Campbell's backup for the time being.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 12, 2012 -> 10:34 AM)
I don't think there was any indication that he was having any symptoms until halftime so I doubt it.

This is troubling though. That's concussion #6 I believe for Cutler. Gotta wonder at what point he says I'm gonna go make babies with my hot wife and not be a vegetable the rest of my life.

He was twitching and making a lot of mannerisms with his face in the last few plays after that hit...there were some indications for sure. That is probably what caused them to recognize something wasn't right.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Nov 12, 2012 -> 10:06 AM)
He was twitching and making a lot of mannerisms with his face in the last few plays after that hit...there were some indications for sure. That is probably what caused them to recognize something wasn't right.

From what I saw he was doing his normal weird ticks - opening his mouth like he's trying to pop the air in his ears and violently moving his throwing shoulder back as if he's trying to shake something off him. I dunno, I think Zaidman reported that no one knew anything was up until they got to the locker room and he told someone he wasn't right. He also apparently told Campbell to warm up.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 12, 2012 -> 11:28 AM)
From what I saw he was doing his normal weird ticks - opening his mouth like he's trying to pop the air in his ears and violently moving his throwing shoulder back as if he's trying to shake something off him. I dunno, I think Zaidman reported that no one knew anything was up until they got to the locker room and he told someone he wasn't right. He also apparently told Campbell to warm up.

Perhaps...All I know is I specifically commented to my girlfriend that he looked like he was trying to shake the cobwebs out after the run he dove headfirst on...he didn't look right to me...but then my dumbass went and bet the second half without contemplating that he might come out of the game...so obviously I wasn't all that worried at the time.

Here's a look at the eight teams in the NFC with winning records:

Atlanta 8-1 (Next week: Sunday vs. Arizona)

Chicago 7-2 (Next week: Monday at 49ers)

49ers 6-2-1 (Next week: Monday vs. Chicago)

Green Bay 6-3 (Next week: Sunday at Detroit)

N.Y. Giants 6-4 (Next week: Bye)

Seattle 6-4 (Next week: Bye)

Minnesota 6-4 (Next week: Bye)

Tampa Bay 5-4 (Next week: Sunday at Carolina)

Looks like next week game is a battle for the #2 seed...

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Nov 12, 2012 -> 10:51 AM)
Here's a look at the eight teams in the NFC with winning records:

Atlanta 8-1 (Next week: Sunday vs. Arizona)

Chicago 7-2 (Next week: Monday at 49ers)

49ers 6-2-1 (Next week: Monday vs. Chicago)

Green Bay 6-3 (Next week: Sunday at Detroit)

N.Y. Giants 6-4 (Next week: Bye)

Seattle 6-4 (Next week: Bye)

Minnesota 6-4 (Next week: Bye)

Tampa Bay 5-4 (Next week: Sunday at Carolina)

Looks like next week game is a battle for the #2 seed...

The battle for the #2 seed may have already been played in Week 1. I'm still not sure the Bears win the division.

Its ironic that announcers still say things like "cobwebs" after a player gets hit in the head. If a player is acting that way, they probably shouldnt be in the game. You also knew something was wrong with Cutler because the next play he ran and dove head first, which is not what youd expect from someone who suffered a head trauma the play before.

If he wants to last hes going to need to stop putting himself in dangerous situations.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 12, 2012 -> 07:41 AM)
There's nothing to question about Cutler, if he is willing, you keep him here.

If the O-Line looks like this, I could see Jay Cutler telling the Bears to take a hike.

The oline played excellent last night. Cutler had a clean pocket the entire half. Carimi was beasting on Watt.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 12, 2012 -> 11:14 AM)
It was utter BS. It was a late hit and a hit to the helmet. He should be suspended.

No, what i meant was it wasnt like Cutler got injured on something everyone would percieve as minor(like his knee injury in the NFC Title game which was worse than we were told).

It was absolutely a cheap shot.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 12, 2012 -> 10:17 AM)
No, what i meant was it wasnt like Cutler got injured on something everyone would percieve as minor(like his knee injury in the NFC Title game which was worse than we were told).

It was absolutely a cheap shot.

Oh, I'm in agreement. I was just adding my 2 cents as to how dirty the hit was.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Nov 12, 2012 -> 01:18 PM)
Linky?

I get his point, but there are much better ways of saying it versus saying the people paying your paycheck can "kiss my butt".

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story/_/id/...danieal-manning

"That was a nice play. I could give a crap about what people think on the street. Get mad at me all you want, I could give ... I could give a crap about what people say," Urlacher said Monday on "The Waddle & Silvy Show" on ESPN 1000. "Danieal Manning is a friend of mine, he was a teammate for five or six years, and that's the way it is. He made a catch and was running toward the sideline to say something to Coach, so I walked out there.

"The guy had a good game, he caused a fumble, had a pick. He's my friend. I wish he wouldn't have caught it, but he did, so nice play to you. I don't give a crap about what fans or people say, they can kiss my butt. I don't care."

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Nov 12, 2012 -> 01:23 PM)
I understand that attitude though, years in the NFL of the media sticking microphones in his face, trying to bait him, asking dumb questions. I'd be an asshole like that too.

Then retire he has no problem cashing the checks on the 15th and the 30th goes with the territory.