2012-2013 NFL Thread

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chw42 @ Nov 18, 2012 -> 04:09 PM)
So how the hell did the Browns come back?

They took advantage of the non-running game of the Cowboys, called 3 straight timeouts with the Cowboys on their own 3 yard line, then on the punt return got a gift horsecollar call on a missed-call, and then an easy toss to the endzone gave them the lead.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Nov 18, 2012 -> 03:12 PM)
Way too many calls went the Browns way today, or non-calls on that CB Skrine.

I have watched this game for a total of 10 minutes and the browns have been called for 3 PIs and the Cowboys got away with no play clock and a obvious false start

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Nov 18, 2012 -> 03:10 PM)
Wow. Cowboys just got f***ED by a bad horsecollar call. John Phillips grabbed Cribb's hair to pull him down, but the refs called it as grabbing his shoulder pad. 15 extra yards and a TD 1 play later. f***ing garbage.

Pretty sure you're not supposed to tackle people by their hair...

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Nov 18, 2012 -> 04:11 PM)
They took advantage of the non-running game of the Cowboys, called 3 straight timeouts with the Cowboys on their own 3 yard line, then on the punt return got a gift horsecollar call on a missed-call, and then an easy toss to the endzone gave them the lead.

Well the Cowboys just got lucky that the refs made a terrible call by calling a pass incomplete when Austin fumbled.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 18, 2012 -> 04:19 PM)
I have watched this game for a total of 10 minutes and the browns have been called for 3 PIs and the Cowboys got away with no play clock and a obvious false start

I didn't say the Browns didn't get called for things, but the fact that they got called on SOO many penalties and STILL got away with a lot is amazing.

The very next play after that no false-start call the Browns line-up up offsides, and it wasn't called. The announcers noted both of those non-calls.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Nov 18, 2012 -> 04:36 PM)
Pretty sure you're not supposed to tackle people by their hair...

Pretty sure you can though.

"Any part of a player's hair that extends from the helmet is considered part of the uniform and is fair game for a tackler. It's known as the Ricky Williams rule for the running back who favored dreadlocks as his hairstyle."

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Nov 18, 2012 -> 04:56 PM)
You'd be pretty wrong in that case, but yeah the one poster is an obvious cowboys homer.

Guess the announcers were just being Cowboys homers too, since they talked at length about how often Skrine was getting away with calls. I'm not trying to say the whole team got away with non-calls, but Skrine most definitely did. Cowboys got the W anyway, but Skrine is one lucky son of a b****, despite the 4 or 5 times he WAS actually called for PI or Interference.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 18, 2012 -> 03:19 PM)

The Browns db's were chucking and armbarring down the field all game. Dierdorf was pointing it out on almost every passing play.

That being said, Rob Ryan only rushed 3 guys the entire first half. Why would you allow a rookie qb the time to sit in the pocket and check down to the best player on their team all half long? If they would have brought the pressure all game long the Cowboys would have won by at least two touchdowns, even without trying on offense in the first half.

Meanwhile, another game the Browns had a chance to win and just couldn't close.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 18, 2012 -> 08:53 PM)
These Pittsburgh jailbird uniforms are pretty horrendous

I actually think they are pretty awesome...but I know I am in the very large minority on that one (I actually may be the only person on earth outside of Pittsburgh who thinks they are awesome).

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 18, 2012 -> 08:16 PM)
@RapSheet: Likely bad news for the #Patriots: Team fears Rob Gronkowski has broken his forearm, I'm told. Tests to confirm ongoing.

On the extra point that made the score 59-24. Nobody ever gets hurt on an extra point, but wow.

On a similar note, why the f*** was LeSean McCoy running the ball with under two minutes left down 25 points?

Alex Smith couldn't pass all the required tests, so it will be the Campbell vs. Kaepernick show tonight!

Just cancel the game and make it a FG kicking contest. Start at 35 yards and move back 2½ yards each round and the first one to miss loses.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Nov 19, 2012 -> 09:09 AM)
I think I'd rather face Smith, to be honest.

I'm not sure. I feel like the Bears usually do well against running QBs, because of their speed on defense. (Although #54 is a tad bit slower these days) When Vick was actually good, the Bears usually contained him pretty well.