2012-2013 NCAA Basketball thread

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 21, 2012 -> 09:34 AM)
I meant outside of Indiana. But understood for the in state pressure. Thats how football is in Ohio.

The pressure is always on in-state. Even when they were at the bottom and rebuilding, people were already whispering about how long it was taking, even with all of the kids they were getting in the pipeline. Hoosier fans are ridiculous at times.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Nov 20, 2012 -> 11:43 PM)
How would it feel to score 104 points as a team and lose by

#1) 34 points to one player

#2) 75 points overall

Kid on the other team scored 70 points. How does it feel to score 70 points and lose by 75.

The kid with the 70 points is actually more impressive I think as he was 34-44 shooting and had no three's

Edited by Harry Chappas

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Nov 21, 2012 -> 10:06 AM)
Kid on the other team scored 70 points. How does it feel to score 70 points and lose by 75.

The kid with the 70 points is actually more impressive I think as he was 34-44 shooting and had no three's

I think that 77% shooting has everything to do with Grinell's defensive philosophy. They all-out full court press the whole game to force turnovers, and don't care about half-court defense.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 21, 2012 -> 10:17 AM)
I think that 77% shooting has everything to do with Grinell's defensive philosophy. They all-out full court press the whole game to force turnovers, and don't care about half-court defense.

So the fact that he actually missed 10 shots makes it even worse.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 21, 2012 -> 09:46 AM)
The pressure is always on in-state. Even when they were at the bottom and rebuilding, people were already whispering about how long it was taking, even with all of the kids they were getting in the pipeline. Hoosier fans are ridiculous at times.

That's why I didnt agree with the "everyone will love Crean" sentiment. If they dont make the final four or even the title game this year the heat will already be on.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 21, 2012 -> 09:02 AM)
Smirk or not, it is true.

lol What?

Indiana hasnt been as relevant as MSU or OSU. When was the last time they won the Big 10?

They were the joke of the Big 10. The only target they might have had was the target of "If youre one of the competing Big 10 teams you cant get upset by Indiana if you want to win the Big 10 title."

Maybe because you live in Indiana and you hear from people in Indiana about how important they are. But from an outside perspective, no one has considered beating Indiana an accomplishment for a long time.

19-53 in the Big 10.

I guess that is special. And Indiana could become one of the top teams in the Big 10, there is no doubt in my mind. Its just Crean should show some respect to the schools who actually have represented Big 10 basketball over the last 10 years, the schools that kept the Big 10 brand strong while Indiana basketball was making a mockery of the conference.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Nov 21, 2012 -> 11:41 AM)
I think everyone knows what it is, but it is still awesome.

If Grinnell played a D-1 school and the D-1 coach ran up the score, everyone would call him an asshole. Grinnell picks out a much inferior opponent, runs up the score, and everyone calls it a great sporting achievement.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Nov 21, 2012 -> 02:17 PM)
19-53 in the Big 10.

I guess that is special. And Indiana could become one of the top teams in the Big 10, there is no doubt in my mind. Its just Crean should show some respect to the schools who actually have represented Big 10 basketball over the last 10 years, the schools that kept the Big 10 brand strong while Indiana basketball was making a mockery of the conference.

You hold on to that hope that that record will remain somewhat the same. You're going to be in for a shock.

And please, how is Crean and Indiana disrespecting the Bigten and it's coaches????? Looks to me like he put the Bigten in the spotlight the past two years. He's not badmouthing anyone. I recall earlier this year him praising Wisconsin and Ryan every chance he got saying their the team in the conference to look out for. It's the same s***, different day with you and all things Indiana. It's pathetic, really. You're so damn butthurt, it's sad.

We get it. You don't like Crean. You didn't think Indiana would come storming back. He's "creaning" kids left and right, but yet you can't find one article or instance to support your BS from a former player speaking out against him. Newsflash, he's in the bottom 1/3 of the B1G in transfer rates since he got to the bigten.

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Nov 21, 2012 -> 05:14 PM)
You hold on to that hope that that record will remain somewhat the same. You're going to be in for a shock.

And please, how is Crean and Indiana disrespecting the Bigten and it's coaches????? Looks to me like he put the Bigten in the spotlight the past two years. He's not badmouthing anyone. I recall earlier this year him praising Wisconsin and Ryan every chance he got saying their the team in the conference to look out for. It's the same s***, different day with you and all things Indiana. It's pathetic, really. You're so damn butthurt, it's sad.

We get it. You don't like Crean. You didn't think Indiana would come storming back. He's "creaning" kids left and right, but yet you can't find one article or instance to support your BS from a former player speaking out against him. Newsflash, he's in the bottom 1/3 of the B1G in transfer rates since he got to the bigten.

I dont hold onto any hope that Indiana will be bad. I want Indiana to be good so that the Big 10 is respected.

As for the bolded what are you talking about? Indiana didnt even win the Big 10 last year, they didnt win the Big 10 the year before. Can you quit acting like Indiana has actually done something recently in the Big10.

Its the arrogance that annoys me. You want to be arrogant like Crean, expect people to call you on your bulls***.

Why would I be upset about Indiana? They wanted to pay me to go to their school, they were nothing but nice to me.

Its fans like you who annoy me, win games and then brag. You act like your MSU or OSU, youre not. Im not talking about whether Indiana will win the next 100 big 10 titles, thats the future. If that happens Crean and Indiana fans can crow all day long about how great they are. But as it stands now, Indiana hasnt done jack in almost a decade.

Those are the facts, get over yourself.

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Nov 21, 2012 -> 05:14 PM)

There's this team in the Big Ten named Ohio State, you might wanna look them up. They have been kind of successful the past two years, they may have been a tad more important in keeping the Big Ten relevant than Indiana has.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 21, 2012 -> 06:08 PM)
Yep, Indiana isn't a target, yet everyone is here talking about them. Point.

People would talk about Wisconsin if I said asinine things like:

"Wisconsin is the only reason the big 10 has been in the spotlight the last 10 years."

If you want to have smug and arrogant attitudes, expect that people are going to call you out on the nonsense.