2012-2013 NCAA Basketball thread

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Nov 18, 2012 -> 01:00 PM)
Honestly thought we were getting KBD, local kid and relationship with Parham going in. Hopefully Groce has something else planned because I think a lot if people were counting on him coming to Illinois.

He really should've stayed local and went to the school with the best team in the state. :D

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Nov 18, 2012 -> 05:50 PM)
He really should've stayed local and went to the school with the best team in the state. :D

When's the last time IllSt made the NCAA tourney?

SIU has played crap teams but the efforts are nice. Wish we had Seck on this team.

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Nov 18, 2012 -> 04:35 PM)
Losing KBD is a big blow to UI and Purdue. Both were on him for a long time. Shocked everyone by going to OSU.

That hurts but Groce has been in on KBD for a shorter period of time than basically every other staff that was recruiting him. Michigan and Purdue were on him the longest and he wasn't the priority he should have been under Weber.

Edited by whitesoxfan99

I watched Ok State rip up NC State today. NC State is a bit fraudulent as far as their ranking goes, but OK State has a pair of deadly scorers in Nash and Smart. Marcus Smart put on a show in the first half and Nash is as good of a scorer as there is when he's on. If those two can find some consistency that's a top 20 team.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Nov 18, 2012 -> 10:17 PM)
I watched Ok State rip up NC State today. NC State is a bit fraudulent as far as their ranking goes, but OK State has a pair of deadly scorers in Nash and Smart. Marcus Smart put on a show in the first half and Nash is as good of a scorer as there is when he's on. If those two can find some consistency that's a top 20 team.

Saw part of that game. Today's game aside, I agree with you. Any team coached by Mark Gottfried has a ceiling lower than the top tier. I suspect Michigan will expose them in the ACC-Big Ten Challenge.

QUOTE (Rex Hudler @ Nov 18, 2012 -> 11:08 PM)
Saw part of that game. Today's game aside, I agree with you. Any team coached by Mark Gottfried has a ceiling lower than the top tier. I suspect Michigan will expose them in the ACC-Big Ten Challenge.

Michigan is going to expose a lot of teams this year. They are deep and talented.

Indiana struggling early against Georgia. Zeller, Hulls and Oladipo all with two fouls in the first half. Depth will be tested today.

In other, possibly big news, Hanner Perea and Peter Jurkin have been granted permission to travel to NY. They did not travel with the team and will arrive later this evening. The NCAA has agreed to hear their appeal in NYC tomorrow, which could mean they will be eligible tomorrow night. Granted the appeal has to be won, but obviously with Shabazz declared eligible, there is optimism.