2012 White Sox Catch-All thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ May 30, 2012 -> 09:08 AM)
They had the Sox losing 95 games this year. That seems kinda silly, even before the season started.

Beyond silly. It was a lazy, stupid prediction. I think all they looked at was losing Buehrle and Quentin. They didn't factor in their replacements (Sale and Viciedo), nor did they consider any improvements in Dunn, Peavy, and Rios (the Kansas Bums).

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ May 30, 2012 -> 09:21 AM)
Beyond silly. It was a lazy, stupid prediction. I think all they looked at was losing Buehrle and Quentin. They didn't factor in their replacements (Sale and Viciedo), nor did they consider any improvements in Dunn, Peavy, and Rios (the Kansas Bums).

We can't replace Buehrle and Quentin! Worst system in baseball!!!!

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ May 30, 2012 -> 03:32 AM)
I surely hope you aren't saying you'd rather have Gordon Beckham than Brett Lawrie....

I did not say that nor would I, I just pointed out that there are better uses for a time machine and that the writer could have made about one million other statements that would actually be valid and worth a read.

QUOTE (kev211 @ May 30, 2012 -> 03:51 AM)
I do believe he said that, and he backed it up with numbers.

I love me some Brett Lawrie. The statement was just annoying because rather than give critical analysis the writer decided he was going to fail at being funny.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 29, 2012 -> 11:48 PM)
I forgot about Escobar, but like you said he's speedier and more versatile.

I can't see keeping Morel around as a guy who plays once a week.

He'll be sent down if he has options IMO. They didn't acquire Hudson to sit.

If Morel is healthy and performing better after a rehab assignment, Escobar will go to minors and Hudson will fill his role on the bench.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 30, 2012 -> 12:18 PM)
AJ is only lovable because he's on your team. Everyone else everywhere hates the guy for a reason.

You f***s would be fellating Brett Lawrie if he were on the Sox.

Exactly. Call it "Dennis Rodman Syndrome".

AJ is only lovable because he's on your team. Everyone else everywhere hates the guy for a reason.

I only see him doing douchebag things, not things that can be perceived as competitive, etc. Get back to me when AJ chucks his helmet at an umpire

I don't think so. I hated Terrell Owens, I hated Daniel Carcillo. I don't suddenly like players that I've previously had a reason to hate before they join one of my favorite teams.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ May 30, 2012 -> 03:09 PM)
@MDGonzales

De Aza expects to play Friday. AJ on plunking by Cobb: "It was your basic 0-0 pitch."

Great news, also hilarious by AJP.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ May 30, 2012 -> 02:21 PM)

QUOTE (ptatc @ May 30, 2012 -> 03:53 PM)
If Morel is healthy and performing better after a rehab assignment, Escobar will go to minors and Hudson will fill his role on the bench.

QUOTE (flavum @ May 30, 2012 -> 08:55 PM)
9 Game home stand...

Over or Under....250,000 fans (average 27,778)

Go...

1.) Sale has been huge. Thank goodness that insanity of putting him in the bullpen only lasted about a week. Thank goodness that turned into an organizational mulligan or do-over. No harm no foul on that mess. p.s. I never called Peavy a bum. People got on me for saying the cliche ... that he's a bulldog with a good attitude. I did hate on Rios and Dunn, but admitted several times last year Dunn was handling it all well. Many of you bagged on Ozzie for not benching Rios and Dunn, though. I pointed out you don't sit guys making that kind of jack. This board exploded for Oz not pinch hitting for Dunn and benching Dunn and Rios after KW said it was OK. I was not as hard on them as MANY others on here.

2.) That makes sense, but how many at bats will Robin give Morel to see if he's "performing better?" I'm thinking that back problem isn't going away anytime soon.

3.) Under. I say between 20 and 25 a game. It won't turn around this quickly.

Part of his game is to irritate. Its why if he's on your team you should love him so much. Next year, if he's on TB, their fans will have a totally different take on him. No one can say he doesn't know what he's doing when he's on the field.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 30, 2012 -> 09:47 PM)
Part of his game is to irritate. Its why if he's on your team you should love him so much. Next year, if he's on TB, their fans will have a totally different take on him. No one can say he doesn't know what he's doing when he's on the field.

I like the fact he ran right onto the pitcher's mound after making his ground out returning to the dugout. He's no coward. If the pitcher wanted some of him he could have yelled at AJ for stepping on his domain, not cowardly drilling him with a pitch. AJ is a brave badass.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 30, 2012 -> 04:46 PM)
1.) Sale has been huge. Thank goodness that insanity of putting him in the bullpen only lasted about a week. Thank goodness that turned into an organizational mulligan or do-over. No harm no foul on that mess. p.s. I never called Peavy a bum. People got on me for saying the cliche ... that he's a bulldog with a good attitude. I did hate on Rios and Dunn, but admitted several times last year Dunn was handling it all well. Many of you bagged on Ozzie for not benching Rios and Dunn, though. I pointed out you don't sit guys making that kind of jack. This board exploded for Oz not pinch hitting for Dunn and benching Dunn and Rios after KW said it was OK. I was not as hard on them as MANY others on here.

2.) That makes sense, but how many at bats will Robin give Morel to see if he's "performing better?" I'm thinking that back problem isn't going away anytime soon.

3.) Under. I say between 20 and 25 a game. It won't turn around this quickly.

You know, you can just put your responses to each quote between the quotes. It's a pain to keep scrolling up and down to see what you're responding to.

QUOTE (Jake @ May 30, 2012 -> 10:11 PM)
You know, you can just put your responses to each quote between the quotes. It's a pain to keep scrolling up and down to see what you're responding to.

Oh I never thought of that, I'll try that next time. GO SOX.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 30, 2012 -> 05:46 PM)
2.) That makes sense, but how many at bats will Robin give Morel to see if he's "performing better?" I'm thinking that back problem isn't going away anytime soon

Brent needs to really prove himself at AAA. He needs to be hitting like a guy who doens't belong there, like De Aza was doing the last year when he was blocked by Pierre or Quentin when he would murder the ball on a rehab stint. Hitting well over .300 with serious extra base power and no issues defensivelly.

If he can't do that, then burn an option or re-start the clock on his rehab stint.