White Sox @ Texas Rangers April 6 OPENING DAY GAME THREAD

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (jeffro2525 @ Apr 6, 2012 -> 02:54 PM)
There are 10,000 different ways to follow a game.

Twitter, espn gameday, foxsports, chisox.com...on and on and on. Why you're following on an in-game thread is beyond me...

I'm a glutton for punishment.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Apr 6, 2012 -> 02:58 PM)
78 pitches through 6IP 3ER 6K against the RANGERS on Opening DAY? that's a f***ing Quality Start. You take that any day of the week. Or don't you remember Buehrle's typical opening day explosions?

C+?

QUOTE (Cali @ Apr 6, 2012 -> 02:58 PM)
So game ovah? Or do the Sox have a comeback in them?

Do the Rangers go Uehara, Nathan? Or leave Ogando in there? I don't like our chances against Ogando unless PK is up there.

QUOTE (sunofgold @ Apr 6, 2012 -> 03:00 PM)
Hope Danks isn't injured or something? If Ventura yanked him early, that is a bad move. And I guess Reed isn't our closer.

I doubt he's hurt. Ventura probably saw Kinsler coming up and thought he's down one with 6 outs. He can't get any farther down.

QUOTE (sunofgold @ Apr 6, 2012 -> 03:00 PM)
Hope Danks isn't injured or something? If Ventura yanked him early, that is a bad move. And I guess Reed isn't our closer.

My guess is that he's taking it easy on the SP early on in the regular season and wanted Danks to leave with some confidence. He pitched well.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Apr 6, 2012 -> 03:04 PM)
C+ is above average. I don't understand the anger.

What are your reasons for giving him a C+? You've given him a grade slightly above average. A quality start is slightly above average? Against Texas?