White Sox @ Rangers

justBLAZE

QUOTE (daa84 @ Apr 8, 2012 -> 09:12 PM)
yeah, you could throw him in there too if you want

hate his discipline. think hes largely overrated by most sox fans. He does have the most upside of those mentioned above though

If Viciedo flops then it really is time for heads to roll. Gordon is already running on fumes. Our best position player by far is, what, 35?

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 8, 2012 -> 09:13 PM)
I wish we could have opened at Cleveland then traveled to Texas.

Hope our four and five starters do OK vs. the Tribe. Or are the Sox not going with a No. 5 for a bit?

Well, the odds of us beating Masterson are very minimal, so it really wouldn't matter, because the best we could ever hope to do is 2/3.

Now, we have the advantage of facing them when their confidence is a bit shaken.

They almost lost the Sunday game, and the prior two losses were heartbreakers.

As far as what has been announced publicly, we're not planning on skipping any Sale or Humber starts in APR.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Apr 8, 2012 -> 09:15 PM)
He will be a better player than DV hands down.

He's also getting paid like a MLB starter.

I don't see how Viciedo can't hit as well as Cespedes. They won't ever be the same in other aspects of the game, but once Dayan figures it out, he can be a better hitter.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 9, 2012 -> 02:16 AM)

I don't see how Viciedo can't hit as well as Cespedes. They won't ever be the same in other aspects of the game, but once Dayan figures it out, he can be a better hitter.

Cespedes has way more power, IMO

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 8, 2012 -> 09:16 PM)

I am not down on DV just like YC better.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 8, 2012 -> 09:13 PM)
I wish we could have opened at Cleveland then traveled to Texas.

Hope our four and five starters do OK vs. the Tribe. Or are the Sox not going with a No. 5 for a bit?

Sad part is our #4 and #5 starters could be our best starters.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 8, 2012 -> 09:16 PM)

The difference is, Cespedes doesn't have our minor league stink on him. We don't develop, we promote to make a guy seem like a prospect for a future trade. See Danks, Jordan.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 8, 2012 -> 09:14 PM)
If Viciedo flops then it really is time for heads to roll. Gordon is already running on fumes. Our best position player by far is, what, 35?

im not sure what expectations for dayan should be. what would be considered a flop? I mean his first two years in the minors he had OBPs of .317 and .308. He drastically improved last year to .364. I'm guessing in the big leagues that number will be significantly closer to the .310 range than the .360 range

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 8, 2012 -> 09:14 PM)
Yet some love Yoenis Cespdes...

I love his potential.

You'll never find me saying bad about any Cuban players, they play with heart and a love for the game, and a certain flair.

I equally respect the way Japanese and Korean players are so fundamentally well-prepared and team-oriented.

Two very different cultural approaches, very similar international results and productivity.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 8, 2012 -> 09:18 PM)
The Rangers are just awesome, and it's very possible we missed out on their two best starters in this series.

Very possible....Ill get to see Darvish tomorrow.

The Rangers are just awesome, and it's very possible we missed out on their two best starters in this series.

Very solid club glad to get a Texas trip done early.

Texas and Tampa are clearly the two best teams in the conference. I think the Angels are overrated by the way.

f*** me. I said conference. I meant the AL.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 8, 2012 -> 09:17 PM)
Cespedes has way more power, IMO

Bobby Bonilla is what we should be VERY happy to get with Dayan, 20-25 homers per season, consistent run producer, that's more likely. Very solid major league hitter, occasional All-Star.

You see Cespedes compared to Adam Jones and Colby Rasmus quite a bit, but he's got more raw power than any young hitter I've watched in the post-steroids era.

Those were some McGwire/Canseco-esque shots.