White Sox @ Rangers

justBLAZE

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Apr 9, 2012 -> 02:54 AM)
Yep. Could be even uglier if PK finally regresses.

Hopefully they take some of the money freed up this offseason and bring in more offensive talent into the organization. With KW only going after pitching this past offseason in trades, it seems like the lack of offensive talent in the organization has become really scary.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 8, 2012 -> 08:56 PM)
Hopefully they take some of the money freed up this offseason and bring in more offensive talent into the organization. With KW only going after pitching this past offseason in trades, it seems like the lack of offensive talent in the organization has become really scary.

One would hope any positional prospects they acquire are close to a finished product. This organization is downright terrible at developing position players.

Edited by DirtySox

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Apr 8, 2012 -> 07:56 PM)
OLE' terrible

Escobar's greatest skill was always supposedly his glove.

In all fairness, before this offseason, I don't think he'd ever played 3B at all.

We've seen this before, with the likes of Beckham, Lillibridge, Viciedo, etc. There are consequences to moving someone all over the field.

Another mediocre start for Gavin. What new?

I hope his option doesn't get picked up. AJ Gavin and Gordon could all be gone by next year. Hopefully sooner if KW gets trigger happy

QUOTE (Baron @ Apr 9, 2012 -> 02:58 AM)
Whoever it is I just want him gone. Im really tired of him getting shelled.

Why are you surprised by this? Just like with Alexei, he's a notoriously terrible player to start the year. I don't think KW should trade Gavin unless he can get a significantly better package than what he got for Santos (blah) or Quentin (blah).

QUOTE (KG#1 @ Apr 8, 2012 -> 09:59 PM)
Or whoever! Just get Gavin out of a White Sox uniform. Never been a fan, if we can get anything for him, I'd be happy . . .

Wow...the paradigm current...if we can get 'anything'... Id like to finally get some actual talent with big league potential.

Interested to see how the Sox finish this out. They keep talking about playing hard for 27 outs...easily said when you are involved in close games. hopefully they show some fight and don't just mail this one in. We saw a lot of that over the last few years.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 8, 2012 -> 09:00 PM)
Why are you surprised by this? Just like with Alexei, he's a notoriously terrible player to start the year. I don't think KW should trade Gavin unless he can get a significantly better package than what he got for Santos (blah) or Quentin (blah).

For once I agree with you. :P

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Apr 8, 2012 -> 08:59 PM)
One would hope any positional talent they acquire is close to a finished product. This organization is downright terrible at developing position players.

Can you hit a fastball. If so you get promoted. Can't hit a breaking pitch, doesnt matter. Wear your mitt on your head doesn't matter. Run the wrong way around the bases, doesn't matter. Athletic, low average, low obp, high power players get promoted.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 8, 2012 -> 09:00 PM)

I think he could pretty easily actually. Im not surprised by this at all. But does that mean I have to like it?

QUOTE (kwolf68 @ Apr 8, 2012 -> 10:00 PM)
Wow...the paradigm current...if we can get 'anything'... Id like to finally get some actual talent with big league potential.

Well, Gavin is a mediocre pitcher, I mean, I hope we get something decent or some good potential. But really, when trading mediocre, what really can we get? Another project pitcher/position player, sure. But we aren't getting a A+ potential for an okay pitcher.

Well, I went into this weekend hoping for a 3-3 record after Cleveland...so its still attainable. We aren't playing some chumps here, mind you...they ARE one of, if not the best hitting teams around.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 9, 2012 -> 03:03 AM)
Sox getting their asses kicked on Sunday night baseball.

Hope we can take 2 of 3 in Cleveland if not small crowd for Tigers?

People in Chicago don't care how good or bad the team is until a few month into the season. You care way too much about the crowds this year. Barring a miracle, it's going to be a mediocre year at the gate for the Sox.