4/20/12 GT Sox @ Mariners, 9:10pm WGN

QUOTE (BFirebird @ Apr 20, 2012 -> 10:25 PM)
Just turned it on....was Sale effectively wild tonight? Looked at the box score and he seemed to throw a lot of balls..but 11 Ks? Good to see Dunn with a 2B & homer.

Threw a lot of sliders. It was working pretty well.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Vicious line drive by Dunn.

He's back. Up to .265 now.

Mitchell's back in AA. Both with 5 RBI games and homers (Adam two and a double to boot).

Paulie, not so easy to foul a ball off your back foot. No shin protector there.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Apr 20, 2012 -> 11:29 PM)
Threw a lot of sliders. It was working pretty well.

Montero hit an absolute bomb off the fastball, and he hung a slider to Ichiro out over the plate...the other run was 1/2 Thornton's fault.

BTW, Cespedes' first career 3 hit game, getting his average back to respecatability, I think he has 14 RBI's too.

Would have been amazing to see a team with Viciedo, Cespedes and Ramirez all playing together.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Apr 20, 2012 -> 11:30 PM)
Going to left more seems to be helping Dunn. His timing looks better.

I would agree his timing does look good. Rios' timing has looked alright at times as well. He doesn't have many XBH's yet but he hasn't looked awful either.

QUOTE (MAX @ Apr 20, 2012 -> 11:45 PM)
I know its not easy to fill 3 hours but hawk and stone are boring the s*** out of me this year. They often talk about the same thing two or three days in a row, and say exactly what they said the day before.

That's the WGN-effect. When it's national, Hawk gets on his high horse about stuff. He might as well openly campaign to get in the Hall because that's all he cares about.