Alejandro is DA DA (De Aza)

sunofgold

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (God Loves The Infantry @ May 19, 2012 -> 08:19 PM)
Let's just all take a moment to talk about how great he's doing as the leadoff hitter. No joke, he's quickly becoming my absolute favorite player to watch on this team. If we lose, but this guy gets a couple of hits and scores a run or two...I'm almost satisfied.

Turned out to be a very nice pickup, and he's doing better than expected in the leadoff spot. His D does still need some work though.

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ May 24, 2012 -> 07:24 PM)
I'm impressed with myself about how I managed to erase knowledge of that song. Until this post.

You now have a reason to go kill a whole lot of brain cells using alcohol. You're welcome.

I dont care, we just cant have De Aza facing lefties.

Nor can we have Dunn, Ramirez, Fukudome, Escobar, Beckham, Morel, or Lillibridge facing lefties.

We'll just have AJ catch, PK play the entire infield, and Viciedo cover the entire outfield.

QUOTE (Cali @ May 25, 2012 -> 11:03 AM)
Of every young player ? going into this season, De Aza's been the most consistent and solid. Can't believe he wasn't leading off last season....

I can. *looks southeast towards Florida and then southwest towards Kansas*

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ May 25, 2012 -> 08:14 AM)
Nor can we have Dunn, Ramirez, Fukudome, Escobar, Beckham, Morel, or Lillibridge facing lefties.

We'll just have AJ catch, PK play the entire infield, and Viciedo cover the entire outfield.

He'd need a glove the size of his house to make up for his speed.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 25, 2012 -> 04:38 PM)
and reasons and things and stuff

Like Lillibridge's .931 OPS, which was easily the best against LHP of any returning player on the Sox (outside of Viciedo's 30+ ABs). Even during Spring Training, it seemed like Lillibridge was going to be playing a lot against LHP, as Ventura was having him bat 2nd. But anyways, this is about De Aza and I've really enjoyed watching him play this year. He has a really good line drive swing and makes a lot of hard hit outs also. If Hudson can get on base at a solid rate in the 9th spot, De Aza is going to hurt teams by hitting it in the hole between 1st and 2nd.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (fathom @ May 25, 2012 -> 11:54 AM)
Like Lillibridge's .931 OPS, which was easily the best against LHP of any returning player on the Sox (outside of Viciedo's 30+ ABs). Even during Spring Training, it seemed like Lillibridge was going to be playing a lot against LHP, as Ventura was having him bat 2nd. But anyways, this is about De Aza and I've really enjoyed watching him play this year. He has a really good line drive swing and makes a lot of hard hit outs also. If Hudson can get on base at a solid rate in the 9th spot, De Aza is going to hurt teams by hitting it in the hole between 1st and 2nd.

fathom you know im teasing you, but come on now. Lillibridge is a bench player. De Aza may not be great or even all that good against lefties, but not many lefthanded hitters are. Lillibridge hasnt been able to replicate that success this season, and he has offered no reason to make them a platoon at any point in this season. Letting De Aza get at bats against lefties has been preferable.

And De Aza has been really good this season. I am extremely happy to have him as the leadoff hitter, he can steal a base, hit for average and power, as well as drive in runs.